Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody thinking about FS366 for 2020?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody thinking about FS366 for 2020?

Even though I've been enjoying some virtual rides this Spring, so far I think I'm still also 100% on outdoor ride days so far in 2020. Barring injury or, heaven forbid, illness, I'm starting to feel like I might be obligated to try to extend indefinitely, possibly all year. It's sort of like even if you're not superstitious, it's important to respect a streak when you're lucky enough to have one going. Plus it's not like we'll be going on vacation this year! Anybody else tracking 100% so far? FS366? -Jeff
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/488016

2. Likes bikesnick, obscurerichard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have ridden outside everyday this year and am at day 295 since the recovery of my accident last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Even though I've been enjoying some virtual rides this Spring, so far I think I'm still also 100% on outdoor ride days so far in 2020. Barring injury or, heaven forbid, illness, I'm starting to feel like I might be obligated to try to extend indefinitely, possibly all year. It's sort of like even if you're not superstitious, it's important to respect a streak when you're lucky enough to have one going. Plus it's not like we'll be going on vacation this year! Anybody else tracking 100% so far? FS366? -Jeff
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/488016

4. Likes Greenbelt, ginacico liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

And CBGAnimal is way over 2000 consecutive days now. Not sure if she's caught Cal Ripken yet.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I just passed four years of riding a bike every day. I donít recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There are some days when the thought of riding my bike does not spark joy. I usually don't ride those days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    There are some days when the thought of riding my bike does not spark joy. I usually don't ride those days.
    Same, but I'll ride anyways, and have always had my joy sparked at the end. That may change when it gets oppressively humid

There has never been a year in my life where I rode every day of that year, but since I'm on a roll this year, I'm gonna try my best to make it happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut
    Same, but I'll ride anyways, and have always had my joy sparked at the end.
    Yes! This reminds me of two favorite quotes:

"When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking."
    --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"Ride as much or a little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride."
    --- Eddy Merckx

10. Likes jrenaut, drevil, Starduster, Steve O, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ending my streak at ~3.2 years in March when I got sick was both crushing and liberating. It changes day-to-day which feeling is more prevalent.

12. Likes jrenaut, obscurerichard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Ending my streak at ~3.2 years in March when I got sick was both crushing and liberating. It changes day-to-day which feeling is more prevalent.
    The pressure arising from our own stats, accumulating and tracking them, and seeing a streak grow and feeling compelled to maintain it -- it can be insidiously stressful in its own way!

14. Likes secstate, AlanA, obscurerichard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody thinking about FS366 for 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    And CBGAnimal is way over 2000 consecutive days now. Not sure if she's caught Cal Ripken yet.
    Yes I have reached day 2218 (6 years!) and Iím pretty happy i havenít quit. I can count maybe 4 days when I have regretted the streak. More often than not, Itís my push out the door, my shake off the bad day, my reason to escape and most fun of all my reason to enjoy a beautiful day. My daughter used to tell her friends that I was her crazy biking mom but the other day I actually heard her brag a bit by telling her friend I had ridden all those days consecutively hahaha!

But I have a few more days to catch Cal Ripken!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CBGanimal; 06-20-2020 at 08:30 AM.