Likes Likes:  58
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody thinking about FS366 for 2020?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBGanimal View Post
    Yes I have reached day 2218 (6 years!) and Iím pretty happy i havenít quit. I can count maybe 4 days when I have regretted the streak. More often than not, Itís my push out the door, my shake off the bad day, my reason to escape and most fun of all my reason to enjoy a beautiful day. My daughter used to tell her friends that I was her crazy biking mom but the other day I actually heard her brag a bit by telling her friend I had ridden all those days consecutively hahaha!
    Congratulations!!!!!!

2. Likes CBGanimal, obscurerichard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As I sit here, 10:37pm, with the rain coming down hard in College Park, I'm wondering if tonight is the one where I break the streak. I didn't get a chance to go all day, partially because I was busy, but also because it was ridiculously humid (for my tastes). Usually, it's not a big deal to wait until night to ride. Tonight, it was a mistake. I didn't pay attention to the forecast, and now I have at least four warnings plastering across my phone's notification:

FLASH FLOOD!
    EXTREME WEATHER!
    SEVERE THUNDERSTORM!
    IS YOUR ARK READY YET?!

Sigh.

When I was saddling up 10 minutes ago and opened the door to look outside, there was a flash of light, then a second later, "BOOOOOOM!" It was strong enough to set off my neighbor's car alarm. Going out right now in this torrential rain would be stupid. And selfish.

I'll wait until 11:30, and if it dies down, I'll get out with my raincoat and fenders and get soaked both inside and out. At least it's warm. If not, then the streak is broken

For those of you that bike through almost everything, what is it that makes you say: no way, nuh-uh, not gonna happen? Lightning storm? Thundersnow? 100 degrees with 90% humidity?

4. Likes obscurerichard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My family convinced me in late March that if I had COVID-19 it would be irresponsible to cycle though it broke my 86 day streak.

(The test was negative - but stopping cycling while I had symptoms was the responsible thing to do)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes drevil, Steve O, Nadine, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody thinking about FS366 for 2020?

Well the thunder and lightning slowed down so I went for it at 11:31 pm. 4 miles short of my daily 10 mile goal, but Iím counting it

8. Likes bikesnick, Steve O, Nadine, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Well the thunder and lightning slowed down so I went for it at 11:31 pm. 4 miles short of my daily 10 mile goal, but Iím counting it
    Congratulations on another day, and thanks for waiting for the lightning to pass.

10. Likes drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post

For those of you that bike through almost everything, what is it that makes you say: no way, nuh-uh, not gonna happen? Lightning storm? Thundersnow? 100 degrees with 90% humidity?
    Trying to think back on almost 6 years and I just donít know! The closest I came was when I went to Sint Maarten on vacation and the bike shop was closed. I did pay a man whose bike had no brakes and a bag covered a very worn saddle $10 dollars to ride it around the parking lot for 4 miles...I almost lost my streak that day!

12. Likes drevil, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody thinking about FS366 for 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by CBGanimal View Post
    Trying to think back on almost 6 years and I just donít know! The closest I came was when I went to Sint Maarten on vacation and the bike shop was closed. I did pay a man whose bike had no brakes and a bag covered a very worn saddle $10 dollars to ride it around the parking lot for 4 miles...I almost lost my streak that day!
    I didnít have that much gumption when my streak ended after 454 days while on a business trip in Mexico City in 2016. I did eye the street vendorís trike for a moment but the thought of being thrown into a Mexican prison kept me from doing that. And now Iíve lost all drive to get another streak going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kwarkentien; 07-10-2020 at 06:29 AM.