Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Central Park Cyclist Down

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Park Cyclist Down

I saw my first cyclist down in NYC this morning. While riding laps in Central Park this morning on the nice downhill from The Arthur Ross Pinetum crossing the Winterdale Arch, the rider (a roadie) was in the center of the roadway with several other cyclists grouped around him. One was on his cell phone requesting an ambulance. When I got back to that spot about 15 minutes later, the EMTs were loading the rider onto a stretcher. There were three police cars blocking the bike and motor vehicle lanes for the EMTs to work. There were also four or five NYPD bike cops there (I never see the bike cops in Central Park). I don't know what the circumstance of the crash were, but there were lots of cyclists out this morning.

It was interesting that just a few minutes before I came on that scene, I had passed a park vehicle stopped in the bike lane next to the Safari Playground. The driver was out and talking with a cyclist whose bike was was down in the bike lane. It sounded like she was complaining about some other Park users.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2817.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	21513
    Attached Images Attached Images