Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Bike to Work Day 2020 canceled

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike to Work Day 2020 canceled

Not entirely unexpected. Just received this email:

Thank you for registering for Bike to Work Day 2020. After discussing the fate of the event at great lengths and considering all possible scenarios, with great disappointment, a final decision has been reached to cancel the event for 2020. This decision was made based on the well-being of the region, and uncertainty over the next weeks and months ahead. Furthermore, a reschedule date will not take place for the remainder of the calendar year 2020, due to the lack of resources, financial, and otherwise. We look forward to a bright future for bicycling and towards next year’s Bike to Work Day event when we celebrate its 20th anniversary in the Washington, DC metropolitan region.

For those of you unfamiliar, Car Free Day raises awareness of transportation alternatives to drive-alone travel, including bicycling. Car Free Day will take place on Tuesday, September 22, 2020, and it’s an opportunity to participate as a bicyclist, not only as a commute mode but for non-work travel as well. We will be back in touch with you on further details on the regional Car Free Day event.

Please be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

I was so excited for the almost-but-not-quite pink t-shirt this year ��

3. Likes MrTinDC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunate, but understandable. I thought it was odd that I didn't get an email, but running a search, it appears I totally missed the registration announcement this year. Derp.

Oh well, I don't like (almost-but-not-quite) pink anyway.