Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLP and Virtual Coffee Outside

Post Thanks / Like

New sessions are being queued up with more guests.

Next one is this Thursday, April 9th at 3:00 PM. It's an interview with Igor from Velo-Orange, talking about the challenges of a small bike brand and making an exciting new annoucement. Patreon supporters get to join the Zoom meeting directly. As a casual attendee, you can watch on YouTube and interact in the comments section.
    Join here: https://youtu.be/jmZb0sSMI3I

Subscribe to the PLP channel for recordings of previous livestreams and lots of other cool reviews and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaT...21yRK4seqq3-Sw

2. Likes Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ginacico;199906]Down the rabbit hole..... A couple tidbits from today's livestream with Josh Poertner, tire nerd extraordinaire. Josh serves pro athletes and teams and spends a lot of time deflating their tires

Want to know the perfect tire pressure for you and your bike setup? (Hint: Pumping up the tire to the specs written on the sidewall is the wrong answer.) Silca's Professional Pressure Calculator uses an algorithm validated by what worked for riders in the Paris-Roubaix and Dirty Kanza.
    Try it yourself: https://info.silca.cc/silca-professi...ure-calculator

Interesting! Recommended tire pressures are well below what Schwalbe recommends! Very close to what I ran at the Garage Races on that polished concrete. Disclosure- I run Schwalbe Marathons on both the Trek 412 and Das Kettler. Don't know how that fat anti-puncture layer affects their stability, though when I ran Conti PLUS tires on the Trek, they were *extremely unhappy* at even slightly reduced pressures.

Post Thanks / Like

Always like a good VO release. Will it be their new front rack? Or a final version of their redesigned Passhunter frameset?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    Interesting! Recommended tire pressures are well below what Schwalbe recommends!
    Exactly!

The "recommended" tire pressure printed on the sidewall of every tire is actually something else.

Watch Your TIRES are LYING to YOU! for the truth about what those numbers mean (the real info starts at about 1:30) and you'll never strain your eyesight looking for them again.

TLDR: The numbers on the sidewall are a legal requirement based on standards testing, not a recommendation based on performance or comfort. People often assume inflating tires at the upper end of that range will make them faster. But as it bears out, deflating your tires to the point they are giving you a smooth ride will actually increase your performance.

To dial in the pressure that works for you, on your bike, with your chosen tires, on the terrain you like to ride, takes a little research. "Seek smoothness."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post
    Always like a good VO release. Will it be their new front rack? Or a final version of their redesigned Passhunter frameset?
    He kinda gave it away at the end of the last livestream. But I'm not sayin'

VO is a local builder making quality stuff, I'm a fan too.

7. Likes Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who like me have been wondering if/when we'll ever travel by bike again, there's a livestream coming up tomorrow to discuss that topic. Anxious to hear what people in the industry, who make a living from bike tourism, have to say about Bike Touring during Pandemic Friday 4/17 at 8:00 PM.

Lots of other sessions coming up in the next couple of weeks. Subscribe to the Path Less Pedaled YouTube channel to participate, or catch the recordings later.

Thu 4/16 7:50 PM Has GRAVEL Jumped the SHARK? (LockedIn, PLP, Spindatt)

Fri 4/17 8:00 PM Bike Touring during Pandemic? LIVE with Spoken Hostel

Sun 4/19 8:00 PM LIVE happy hour with Casey and Jarrod from the brand CampAndGoSlow

Wed 4/22 8:00 PM Martina Brimmer from Swift Industries: Why do bike bags cost so much? How has the pandemic affected their business?

Sun 4/26 7:00 PM Studio Tour with Jay Ritchey / Bags By Bird

Wed 4/29 7:00 PM How to Make A Tire! LIVE with Ultradynamico