Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Last Day of Freezing Saddles 2020!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post
    I've only done Lake Artemesia one time but isn't it always too crowded with walkers to enjoy biking around? Or did I miss something?
    Yeah, it is crowded most of the time, but since I live 5 minutes away, I go before the crowds get there or after they leave.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only done Lake Artemesia one time but isn't it always too crowded with walkers to enjoy biking around? Or did I miss something?
    The trick is to go at Midnight!

These leads me to my top FS2020 memories

Riding up to Lake Artemesia and doing several laps with a dozen or so fellow FSers the night before a winter mix storm .

Biking with the top kids on the pointless kids prize and their families

Renting a fat tire bike in VT for various adventures while on vacation (highlights Tackling groomed trails in Pine Hill Park in Rutland and barreling down groomed Snowmobile trials in Chittenden, Vt

Seeing my Daughter's biking skills and confidence soar as she rides in all kinds of weather and conditions with a positive attitude (mostly...) .

Thanks everyone for a great FS2020 experience. Look forward to doing it again next year.

-Bill

3. Likes jrenaut, ChristoB50, JoM, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This technically wasn't my last ride because I ditched the family to do 1.2 more miles to get to 900 for the year then realized later that I ended at 899.6 and had to go on still one more ride, but this was the last one of any substance

PA Ave is really quite lovely without the cars

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200319_175119481_HDR-01.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	21431

People at Hains Point are practicing very little social distancing, but the kids (After hearing about FSLNHPP) REALLY wanted to do a lap. Had I known how crowded it was going to be I likely would have nixed it.

Name:	IMG_20200319_181302397_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	21432

5. Likes drevil, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on the fence about signing up for Freezing Saddles again this year, but in the end I'm glad I did. Some of my highlights:

1. Drevil's generosity? bravery? foolishness? in lending his very nice MTB to a total noob like me, and JoM's patient coaching and enthusiastic cheerleading on my first mountain bike ride.

2. ChristoB's most excellent cathedral tour, and the perfect winter sunlight illuminating the stained glass.

3. Seeing some new faces at the coffee clubs, including elizsnyder, Russ, and Pablo.

Post Thanks / Like

Jo and I finished our quiet ride around the 'hood and Lake Artemesia around 11:52.

Final Ride of Freezing Saddles by ricky d, on Flickr

We didn't see any other bikers, but Kermit wanted to join us for the ride:

Kermit Wants to Ride by ricky d, on Flickr

Cheers,
    rickyd

Post Thanks / Like

Today was the first day I've seen Lake Artemisia crowded. I usually go there in the middle of the day on a weekday (spoiled, I know.) Like the trails, it's best when it's too cold or too hot out. I had breakfast there once a week last summer with Joan.

This FS was awesome. But I'll post about that tomorrow - it's past my bedtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Today was the first day I've seen Lake Artemisia crowded. I usually go there in the middle of the day on a weekday (spoiled, I know.) Like the trails, it's best when it's too cold or too hot out. I had breakfast there once a week last summer with Joan. ...
    I've lived besides Artemesia for close to 14 years, and sadly, I've never seen it as crowded as it's been the last week. I think with the weather getting nicer and so many people and kids working from home (or even off), everyone has cabin fever. I am trying my best to avoid going through there right now, except when it's practically empty.

Post Thanks / Like

I closed out FS2020 last night on my reoccurring themes of solo #ParkFinder rides only to be sandbagged in the end by @MattW (who posted an impressive 90 park rides last night after I passed out ) and #tacoloco for which I got out competed straight up by @Cassandra who went for a taco ride while I was sleeping ( and is a Taconeuring Machine!:-0). However, I also found Kermit in my hood at 10pm last night before he hopped over to Lake Artemisia to finish out FS2020 w/ @RickyD & Jo. Ride on!

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes CBGanimal, ChristoB50, JoM, Nadine liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post

People at Hains Point are practicing very little social distancing, but the kids (After hearing about FSLNHPP) REALLY wanted to do a lap. Had I known how crowded it was going to be I likely would have nixed it.
    It was a lot less crowded at 11pm. Shoulda come then.

13. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You were quite the challenger, Boomer! I would've fallen short if my trip hadn't been canceled. Instead of driving to Georgia on Thursday, I spent the riding around NoVA day collecting parks before celebrating the end of FS2000 with a well deserved adult beverage of choice.

Name:	20200319_193330.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	21436

15. Likes CBGanimal liked this post