Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike shopping during the pandemic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    Is it possible for the lovely LBS folks that are still open, providing a public service, and employing our friends (Phoenix Bikes, Contes, Bikenetic, etc.) please let us know how we can support you during the pandemic including donation, gift cards, etc.?
    Spokes Etc. is operating with limited hours per location (12-5pm for most). They're encouraging online ordering and curbside pickup. They're limiting the number of customers in-store per location and staffing by locking all entrances. Trek is getting ready to roll out Buy Online, Delivered by LBS, but I'm not sure when that will be available. I'm sure Specialized (and other top tier brands) will start to make the option available, too. Most brands are starting to roll out some enticing sales, too.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

A small thing you can do - many shops give you a 10% WABA discount or whatever - if you are employed and working, maybe tell them no discount. That is money straight in their pocket that lets them keep operating (a gift card is simply an interest free loan).

3. Likes LhasaCM, dbb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    Spokes Etc. is operating with limited hours per location (12-5pm for most). They're encouraging online ordering and curbside pickup. They're limiting the number of customers in-store per location and staffing by locking all entrances. Trek is getting ready to roll out Buy Online, Delivered by LBS, but I'm not sure when that will be available. I'm sure Specialized (and other top tier brands) will start to make the option available, too. Most brands are starting to roll out some enticing sales, too.
    I wonder how Trek will do versus Canyon et al that already operate in the buy online space. I'd imagine the average Canyon buyer is a more educated buyer than someone at a LBS, since the LBS staff can fill in knowledge gaps for the buyer (note: I'm not implying there aren't a lot of knowledgeable buyers at LBS, just that the low knowledge buyer probably isn't buying a brand like Canyon and are shopping at the LBS). I'd imagine this would force Trek, Specialized, etc. to be more price competitive as they lose showroom sales from the shutdown.