Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Thoughts on the new CaBi app (released Feb. 25, 2020)?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on the new CaBi app (released Feb. 25, 2020)?

Last week, CaBi got rid of the app that was in use for the past three years or so (I think the first official app was released some time in 2016, but the one that lasted to Feb. 2020 was introduced later). This is clearly something they've been working on for a few months now. It is in line with a whole list of Lyft-era changes set for spring 2020. The changes include the introduction of dock-optional eBikes, the suspension of Bike Angels, and the scan-to-unlock thing. But a lot of changes were made to the app.

Any thoughts on the new app, from all you good CaBi regulars out there?

The good, the bad? Things made better, things made worse?

Experiences so far, complaints, suggestions, predictions of doom or of glory days near ahead, whatever you've got.

I am sure I am not alone in thinking the old app worked well in general, and in many specific ways that have been swept away in this overhaul. I am overall not happy with the new app. I am willing to be persuaded there are more pros than the many cons I am seeing. I'll post my thoughts later.

Post Thanks / Like

1. How do you toggle the map to show open docks rather than available bikes? Kinda annoying to have to tap on a station to see the open dock count.
    2. "Scan to ride" -- tells me to "Enable Lyft's camera access in the Settings.app". A) That should read "CaBi", not "Lyft". B) "Settings.app" -- ".app"? nerd alert!
    3. Collecting my cell phone number -- why? Dislike. They have my credit card # and can push notifications to me, isn't that enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Unless I am missing something, the Favorites (for stations that one wants to see in a list with current bike/dock quantity) is gone from this new app. Hoping that this feature will come back.