Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS 2020 FSLNHPP (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party)

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    I don't worry so much about myself. Even though I'm theoretically in a high risk group, I'm not in a very high risk group, and being female is protective. However, I don't want to contribute to disseminating this thing so fast that hospitals run out of ventilators and the like.
    Thanks for modeling safe behavior!

2. Likes Judd, smb9600, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I’m gonna have to bail on Thursday night. Assuming it’s still on, I don’t think I’d be acting responsibly if I went. Plus I shoot a lot of snot rockets when I ride in 3-mile circles.

Super-bummed but maybe we can do a midnight HP loop party sometime in the heat of the summer when all of this blows over and call it Melted Saddles or something.

4. Likes smb9600 liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmillah View Post
    maybe we can do a midnight HP loop party sometime in the heat of the summer when all of this blows over and call it Melted Saddles or something.
    It's already a thing:
    http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...dnight-Saddles

6. Likes Starduster, bmillah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I was REALLY looking forward to the best night of Freezing Saddles, especially after missing last year because of my Achilles tear. But I just can't participate in good conscience this year. Guidance on whether a ride like this is safe or not seems to vary, and I have to err on the side of caution.

Perhaps when things are back to something resembling normal, we can pick a really crappy night to recreate some of the magic. Maybe a summer torrential downpour or something.
    Apologies for the dislike. I'm not sure what happened, but I also clicked "like". After reading about this and hearing all the so called experts, I agree that it is best to just be a loner (which I am really good at!)

Post Thanks / Like

The Mini snack & beverage mobile will not be making an appearance out of an abundance of caution. If I do head down, it will be close to the witching hour since this appears to be the only time of day that itís actually possible to socially distance on the trails.

9. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FS2020 Final Ride was great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics, Pablo. It was a great night and we were able to exercise good social distancing!

Post Thanks / Like

Steve O thanks for the ride and enforcing socially acceptable cycling while in a small group ride environment. Luckily it was completed prior to The Point being shut down. Hains Point at night, with no breeze/wind, no cars, reflections coming across the water from the Wharf, cherry blossoms peaking...and being on bicycles.....what a fine evening/morning ride.

13. Likes bikesnick, CBGanimal, Steve O liked this post