Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary Closure and Detour of W&OD Trail at Idylwood Park Starting around Feb 24th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Temporary Closure and Detour of W&OD Trail at Idylwood Park Starting around Feb 24th

2. Likes ursus, creadinger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"The closure will be for about one week... Cyclists will be directed to Virginia Lane and Nottingham Drive to detour around the closed section of trail. This on-road detour uses the W&OD Trail access at the end of Nottingham Drive."

You post a lot of interesting links, but only the links. They'd be more useful if you could offer a quick preview or a summary of the most useful information.

4. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    "The closure will be for about one week... Cyclists will be directed to Virginia Lane and Nottingham Drive to detour around the closed section of trail. This on-road detour uses the W&OD Trail access at the end of Nottingham Drive."

You post a lot of interesting links, but only the links. They'd be more useful if you could offer a quick preview or a summary of the most useful information.
    Unless one knows where Nottingham Drive is, he/she will likely have to click on the link anyway. Besides, I'm not a movie/food critic, so perhaps it's better just to let the link do the talking.

Post Thanks / Like

In this same topic, I never click on just links. Please kindly provide a synopsis of what the article is about instead of just posting a link. There are some great examples of this elsewhere on the forum. (Besides, I thought that was proper forum etiquette, as those that just post links are typically spammers.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post

Be careful what you ask for- I donít always appreciate the turn some of these threads take when someone else adds their interpretation to a linked article.

8. Likes Steve O, ursus liked this post
    baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the thread title the summary?

10. Likes SarahBee, Steve O, ursus, ImaCynic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people with older phones may have trouble with some sites, so they can't click on links, so a summary is helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    Some people with older phones may have trouble with some sites, so they can't click on links, so a summary is helpful.
    How old is old? Flip phone old or iPhone6 old?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    How old is old? Flip phone old or iPhone6 old?
    My older phone as of 2 years ago, had trouble with some httpS sites(not all). Security protocol changed at the time, and one such site I couldn't access was https://www.rei.com I have newer phone now, so that is not an issue for me, but posting links only reduces the audience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Isn't the thread title the summary?
    I *did* edit the title to make sure the key info is included since the full title was truncated.