Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Circle of Cycles - Hains Pt. Jan. 1

Post Thanks / Like

I might be a little earlier than you guys (11 to 12:30 or so?) since I have to be back home close to 1 p.m., but will look for you anyway. Have a great ride today!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably heading down without the trailer as soon as my younger daughter goes down for a nap. I'll probably be wearing an olive green backpack (because it feels weird if I bike without it).

Post Thanks / Like

Arlingtonrider, sorry I missed you. Kid naptime issues prevented me from arriving as early as I'd hoped.

Greenbelt, great to meet you and your group in person. Thanks for showing me how to get to the MBT, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few pictures from today's ride to Hains pt (none of these are of hains pt...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06148.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06149.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06150.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06151.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	544
    Nice to meet JRenaut today! Great day for a ride. Can you believe it's January?? -- Laurie

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry I missed you all! I rode loops from noon until 2 pm, then had to head back home because of other obligations. What a beautiful day it was for riding - I wish I could have stuck around a little longer!

Post Thanks / Like

Video clips from today's ride. Nice to meet you jrenaut! -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Another fun video - wish I had been in town , thanks Jeff.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, thanks for making and sharing that video! After seeing it, I think I might have spotted your group (and maybe Jrenaut if he was there too?) just as I was leaving - bummer!

Based on what I saw today, I think this is mainly a morning event, with most riders starting right around 10 a.m. As I rode toward Hains Point just before noon, it looked like I was passing a number of people heading away from the park, although there were still quite a few riders and small groups and two or three large groups riding the circuit around that time. The number of riders gradually tapered down, and when I left at 2 p.m., Potomac Pedalers and other groups were packing up their banners and snack stations. I saw a few friends as I rode and met some new people at the snack stations - very informal but popular stops near the water fountains with nice people and homemade goodies and trail mix. Next year I think I'd like to get there around 10 or 10:30 a.m., but due to some late night revelry, that wasn't going to work for me this year. I really enjoyed the ride, nice weather, seeing so many cyclists of all kinds out enjoying the loop, and getting rid of the zero on my odometer after putting in a fresh battery this morning. So far, I've ridden over 35 miles every day this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Video clips from today's ride. Nice to meet you jrenaut! -Jeff
    who's that guy doing the freewheel trackstands? kudos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcv View Post
    who's that guy doing the freewheel trackstands? kudos
    That's Ben from Proteus bikes. He's been known to ride 50 miles to get to a century ride. And then ride back home!