Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Bad crash on the Brandymore Castle hill this morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad crash on the Brandymore Castle hill this morning

Rolling on to the WOD this morning from Roosevelt Street I saw numerous medical personnel and vehicles at the curve that heads up to Brandymore Castle. I dismounted and walked past a pretty bad scene, cyclist immobilized in the middle of the trail about a third of the way up the hill. Three or four paramedics.

Chatting with a friend who came up on the accident right after it happened, it sounds like Cyclist A was traveling eastbound and came around that turn waaaay too wide and collided with Cyclist B who was coming down the hill westbound. One cyclist had possible broken jaw and ribs, other tried to stand and walk and collapsed. When I came through there was only one cyclist there so I am assuming the other was already transported.

Godspeed to both for a fast recovery. Also please remember to control your speed at that turn - it's terrible and has no business existing, but it does and folks need to be careful.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Rolling on to the WOD this morning from Roosevelt Street I saw numerous medical personnel and vehicles at the curve that heads up to Brandymore Castle.

Also please remember to control your speed at that turn - it's terrible and has no business existing, but it does and folks need to be careful.
    I hate hate hate that curve. I went down once last fall when it had gotten muddy after a bad rain. Just road rash, thankfully.
    It's like the Trollheim--even people who ride there all the time and know the hazards can be taken out. Entirely unacceptable infrastructure. Argh.

3. Likes buschwacker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I hate hate hate that curve. I went down once last fall when it had gotten muddy after a bad rain. Just road rash, thankfully.
    It's like the Trollheim--even people who ride there all the time and know the hazards can be taken out. Entirely unacceptable infrastructure. Argh.
    I've wiped out there in the mud too, but at that point I definitely had no idea what I was doing.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope the cyclist is okay! And just in case people need reminding...DO NOT CUT BLIND/LOW VISIBILITY CORNERS. Just slow down and stay in your "lane."

6. Likes Emm, huskerdont, kwarkentien liked this post