Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team 21 - Name TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 21 - Name TBD

Super excited about BAFS this year and wanted to post members of our team here. Three of us (Adriana and Dan) landed at the Highline last night for the Happy Hour kickoff and found each other. I was able to snap a quick pic of our teammates and wanted to share for those of the team who were not able to make it. I think team lead is Lee.

• Lee Malatesta
    • Adriana Stringer
    • Dan Behrend
    • Marc Mitcham
    • Eddie Reotutar
    • Brian Miller
    • Laurie Ellis
    • Michele Mintling

Also, I'll do a quick introduction.

My name is Brian Miller and this will be my third consecutive year participating in BAFS. I don't do much commuting by bike but enjoy getting rides in on the weekend and occasionally at nights or in the early morning. I do have a subscription to the CaBi and can sometimes be found doing a quick loop from my desk to Dupont Circle and back.

My primary reason for doing this is to get out of the house during the colder months, explore and to be involved with the greater cycling community of DC. I hope to get a ride in with all of you at some point this year. Some of us talked about doing the loop around DC and it might be a good team outing.

We should probably wait for the team lead to make an announcement about team name this year. If you have ideas, please share.

Oh! and please feel free to introduce yourself.

2. Likes Adriana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we could call our team the hypothermia hijackers, since we’ve taken control from our MIA captain! !

Adriana,
    I moved to DC 3 years ago and this will be my 2nd year playing Freezing Saddles! Mostly I commute to my work by the White House in downtown DC. I haven’t missed a day commuting to work by bike since 2018. I take this game way too seriously and would love to get together on some group rides! FS gives me a reason to live in the winter, so I am very happy it’s started again! I also find posting on the forum kind of challenging, so if you haven’t heard from me I encourage you to harass me by email or text!
    Last edited by Adriana; 01-15-2020 at 02:37 PM.

4. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Marc,

Pretty much all of my BAFS miles are commuting miles. I ride both an e-bike and a road bike, depending on my mood...but most winter days the e-bike wins out. My commute is about 12.5 miles each way. I don't really take BAFS all that seriously and tbh it doesn't really provide any extra motivation for me because I'd be riding every day regardless...but my commute is generally enough to keep me in the middle of the pack mileage and points-wise. I've been doing BAFS since the beginning though, so that's what keeps me coming back. I can't promise I'll be doing any group rides or social stuff, but I also won't rule it out...the joys of being an extreme introvert.

Oh also...I was most recently living in DC, but just moved to Alexandria, so I am now Team VA I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    I guess we could call our team the hypothermia hijackers, since we’ve taken control from our MIA captain! !
    If your captain is missing, any member of the team can set up the Strava club for the team, post to ask all the other members to join, and notify jrenaut of the URL. That will get you all onto the team leaderboard. And you can always change the name of the team later by just changing the name of the Strava club, and/or can surrender control to your captain once they reappear.

Post Thanks / Like

We need that Strava team ID to make Team 21 show up on the leaderboard...

THIS IS NOW THE LAST MIA TEAM ID
    Last edited by obscurerichard; 01-15-2020 at 06:36 PM.

8. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    I love that name, and you should create the team and name it that ASAP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    I love that name, and you should create the team and name it that ASAP!
    Here you go, Richard : https://www.strava.com/clubs/579693.

It was nice meeting you last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbehrend View Post
    Here you go, Richard : https://www.strava.com/clubs/579693.

It was nice meeting you last night.
    Thank you! Iím adding this to the site now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my name is Eddie.

This is my third year participating in FS, almost didnít do it this time since I injured my shoulder last summer and havenít been able to ride until about 3 weeks ago. Still recovering but slowly getting there.

Iím out here in Rockville and Iím a Telecommuter, so I donít get any commuting miles but I do ride almost daily (even if itís just for a Sleaze ride). Most of my rides during winter happen before sunrise....something about the darkness that I find very peaceful.

Iím looking forward to meeting and riding with you all soon.

@Adriana....same here but using the tapatalk app makes navigating the forum a bit easier.

Thanks for setting this up Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes bmillah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, we're legit, AND we're not losing! Thanks to everyone for getting us up and running.

Also, I agree, love the name. We are the Hypothermia Hijackers! Well done, AS.

Hopefully the final two riders will join us. At the HH on Tuesday, I think I heard Chuck say that if players are still MIA after Sunday we can request replacements. Though, it seems there is less interest in BAFS this year.