Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: (Revised) Weekly Weekend MD Ride: More Beer, Plus Pastries, and (A Few) More Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Default (Revised) Weekly Weekend MD Ride: More Beer, Plus Pastries, and (A Few) More Miles

Based on feedback, I have revised the route to shorten the length to about 65-70 miles, depending on start choice. Instead of a grand loop we will do a big-ass lollipop with rest stops at Passion Bakery in Sandy Spring and Waredaca Brewing. Leaving Takoma Metro at 9:30 and French School (Woodbine and Beach Dr.) at 10:00. Ride is moderately hilly. Pace will be brisk but social, and I will try to make sure that everyone is paired with someone or not stranded on their own. Here is the route for your device: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31727364, set up to start from the French School.

Hope to see folks there!

Post Thanks / Like

looks fun. when you say brisk, how would that translate into potomac pedaler ride classes, for example? or avg mph?

Post Thanks / Like

In PPTC terms, B - BB, but not hammering. We did a similar ride last weekend and I ended up with a net average of about 14 MPH. There were some slower folks too. The average is a bit deceptive because we slow frequently for stop signs and lights as we wend through the 'burbs.

Post Thanks / Like

yup, understand, but this is very helpful, thanks! sounds like a good ride and hope to come.

5. Likes epilsk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great! Just so I know, do you plan to meet us at Takoma or the French School? It does not matter, but I'd like to get a sense of what to expect.

Hope to see you tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you're doing Haviland Mill before the beer!!

And PS, Waredaca is awesome!!

8. Likes epilsk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epilsk View Post
    Great! Just so I know, do you plan to meet us at Takoma or the French School? It does not matter, but I'd like to get a sense of what to expect.

Hope to see you tomorrow
    Takoma

10. Likes epilsk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great day for a ride! I call in Janpril. We had about 8 folks show up, a mix of Freezers and others. We enjoyed a nice tailwind up to Sandy Spring and the first stop at Passion Bakery (so good!). After that the wind was not as consistently behind us, and the road definitely got lumpier as we worked out way north and west around Triadelphia Reservoir, then south to Waredaca Brewing for a welcome pint, snack, and a bit of sit down. We fought the wind home, but it could not blow the smiles off our faces to have such a warm day in January. I ended up with about 75 miles.

No MD Weekend Ride next week (unless someone else wants to herd the cats) as I will be in California for my son's wedding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epilsk View Post
    What a great day for a ride! I call in Janpril. We had about 8 folks show up, a mix of Freezers and others. We enjoyed a nice tailwind up to Sandy Spring and the first stop at Passion Bakery (so good!). After that the wind was not as consistently behind us, and the road definitely got lumpier as we worked out way north and west around Triadelphia Reservoir, then south to Waredaca Brewing for a welcome pint, snack, and a bit of sit down. We fought the wind home, but it could not blow the smiles off our faces to have such a warm day in January. I ended up with about 75 miles.

No MD Weekend Ride next week (unless someone else wants to herd the cats) as I will be in California for my son's wedding.
    Congrats!

(Also PS I replied to your PM about my route to the Glenmont Metro... twice)

13. Likes epilsk, lmgoldberg liked this post