Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Save the date: Ride of Silence 2020 — May 20, 7pm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Save the date: Ride of Silence 2020 — May 20, 7pm

For those who aren't familiar, the Ride of Silence is an annual event, held in hundreds of locations worldwide on the third Wednesday of May at 7pm local time, to honor the lives of riders injured or killed by traffic violence and remind motorists and public officials that people on bikes have a legal right to public roadways. For more on the history of Ride of Silence and other locations worldwide—over 350 in 2019—see http://www.rideofsilence.org/

This year's ride will meet Wed. May 20th, 2020, and roll at 7pm.
    There are no sponsors and no registration fees. Please try to arrive early so we can leave at 7.

Meeting location and route TBD. (Please get in touch if you have suggestions---you can message me on twitter or gmail at the same username.)
    We will ride in silence at a slow pace, no more than 12 mph, with lights on, like a funeral procession.

Further details to come.

2. Likes Starduster, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[bump]

May 20 is just outside the range they're recommending events be cancelled, so far, so for now I'm proceeding as though the Ride of Silence will occur as scheduled. This is, of course, subject to change as we get closer.

Again, though I have ideas, I welcome suggestions for meeting location and route.