Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Docking crooked is NOT COOL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Docking crooked is NOT COOL

Dear bikeshare partners,

Some people apparently think it's cool or laid back to dock their bikes at whatever angle they happen to shove it in at. Maybe they think it's cool to park at a jaunty angle, or to be so laid back as not to care. But please consider this: at some point, someone will have to come behind you to straighten your bike for you, either so they can park their own bike or retrieve the one next to it.

I'd like to ask that if you see someone park their bike other than straight in, 90 degrees to the dock, please point out to them that it's not cool.

Thanks,
    Cabi Commuter

2. Likes Yule liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely right.

I always make a point to straighten mine out, and sometimes others at the station when I dock.

Even worse is non-CaBi devices parked in front of docks. How many times have I seen scooters parked at CaBi stations? Many. Sometimes obstructing one of more docks, other times so bad as if the guy deliberately parked with anti-CaBispite in mind, as one scooter sideways properly positioned can block three docks. Sadly I see this with some regularity. And some of the scooters are heavy to move, enough to injure shoulders of the weaker among us. Not cool, scooter people.

(Scooter people parking at CaBi stations proves the point again that CaBi's original model of stations was and is right; a system like this, as great as it is, needs predictability, meaning people want and feel the need to have designated 'station' areas; cannot just toss in a few thousand bikes to be parked anywhere and hope for the best).

I used to see other rideshare bikes doing this too, parking next to, or occasionally in front of, bikeshare stations. Most of these dockless guys are out of the market now, of course, but few are making a comeback, afaict all electrics.)
    Last edited by Yule; 02-28-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I once saw somebody's private bike locked to a CaBi dock, with the chain going through the dock (thereby making that dock unavailable). I like to imagine that CaBi cut the chain and let the chips fall where they may, but I'm guessing the owner just came back to get their bike again.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I miss cabicomm. That guy was really an asset to this forum, with valuable insight and tons of positive energy!

6. Likes secstate, Emm, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hereís one that makes me wonder

If you rotate the bell to sit above the handlebars, you are working against your biomechanics! Your childhood Schwinn had the bell on top of the handlebars because it was designed to work that way. The Cabi bell is sitting below the handlebars so itís sitting right near your thumb. Think, people, or the world is doomed.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cabicomm View Post
    If you rotate the bell to sit above the handlebars
    How do bells end up getting knocked off so often?