Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: BAFS 2020 Team FOUR - FOUR THE WIN!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool BAFS 2020 Team FOUR - FOUR THE WIN!

Hi All,
    If you are in Team FOUR, I am your Captain: https://www.strava.com/athletes/216328
    Just getting a thread started. Hope to meet lots of you at the Highline R&R Happy Hour, 6-9pm, Tuesday 14th Jan.
    Actual team name will be decided by consensus of team mates.
    Strava club is up: https://www.strava.com/clubs/576793
    ...and have posted in there regarding some of the housekeeping stuff.
    See you soon!

Nigel

2. Likes SarahBee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So.. am I on your team? I think you just followed me on Stravs.

4. Likes DrBullet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFX_Hinterlands View Post
    So.. am I on your team? I think you just followed me on Stravs.
    You are indeed on Team 4!

This is the official team list that Chuck posted on the Team announcements:

TEAM 4
    DrBullet
    matteblack
    ziggy stardust
    birru
    FFX_Hinterlands
    G-Daddy
    jfrylove
    Surfertude

I was one of the Snafu people at the Happy Hour--the Master Check-in List told me I was on team 18, so I hung out with them all night, only to find out later that I'm not on that team. Sheesh.

To introduce myself: I'm G-Daddy. I live in Oak Hill (Herndon) and work in Reston at a tech startup. I typically ride 6-7 days per week:
    - 2-3 commute days
    - 2 anaerobic training days indoors on Zwift
    - long ride on weekends (~50 miles)
    - plus 2 recovery days; these are usually done indoors on a trainer, but if we decide we want to be competitive as a team, I'll take them outdoors

I had work travel the first part of the year, so started pretty low on the leaderboard (got down to 200). I'd bounced back to #164 after last night's happy hour, and plan to steadily climb in the rankings as the season rolls on.

I'm up for beer, coffee, group rides, and anything else that makes us a team (rather than anonymous people on the internet). Looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers!
    Last edited by G-Daddy; 01-16-2020 at 03:24 PM.

6. Likes FFX_Hinterlands liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Team!

My name is Tom Wyland aka FFX_Hinterlands. I live in Oak Hill as well, which is unincorporated Fairfax County just outside Herndon and Reston. I work less than two miles from home and bike every day to work. I also enjoy working in advocacy to help make bicycling for transportation more of a normal thing in the area. I'm a Fairfax County DOT Bicycle/Pedestrian Ambassador and a friend of FABB.

Riding:
    - I do some "ride for fun" routes on the weekends (typically 10-15 miles, pace is 12-13mph average in Strava). I don't have a road bike nor bicycle shorts.
    - I ride every day to work and will try to ride every day of the contest again this year. I won the "lantern rouge" prize last year for riding every day of the contest and having the lowest miles.
    - Most of my rides seem to be related to picking up groceries...
    - I'm up for riding to breweries to sample beer and kombucha. I'd also like to do some gravel/double track riding if anyone is up for that.

Bikes:
    - Dahon folding bike (studded tires this year) for commutes/errands
    - Handsome Devil steel touring/cross bike set up like a Rivendell with fenders, lights, racks, etc.

Tom

8. Likes G-Daddy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to be on an official team vs. just some random guy on the leader board for the past two weeks.

I couldn't make it to HH last night due to a previous commitment, but am looking forward to another season of sleaze.

I hail from beautiful, downtown Chantilly (well, closer to the outskirts of Fair Lakes) and work from home full-time so my commuting mileage is zippy. That being said, I try and ride at least 100 / week (and for the duration of Freezing Saddles, will get at least a mile in outdoors to get the minimum amount of daily points).

I, too, am up for beer, although coffee and group rides will work as well.

Happy Trails!

-matt

Edited to add:

Real name: Matt Williams...Matt E. Black is my pen name for whenever I get around to writing that book. lol
    Last edited by matteblack; 01-15-2020 at 03:59 PM.

10. Likes FFX_Hinterlands, G-Daddy, DrBullet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Were we on the same team 2 years ago, too?

Post Thanks / Like

Look forward to meeting and riding with you, Matt.
    Maybe a trip to Ono Brewery is in order :-)

Nigel

13. Likes FFX_Hinterlands liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFX_Hinterlands View Post
    Hi Team!

My name is Tom Wyland aka FFX_Hinterlands. I live in Oak Hill as well, which is unincorporated Fairfax County just outside Herndon and Reston. I work less than two miles from home and bike every day to work. I also enjoy working in advocacy to help make bicycling for transportation more of a normal thing in the area. I'm a Fairfax County DOT Bicycle/Pedestrian Ambassador and a friend of FABB.

Riding:
    - I do some "ride for fun" routes on the weekends (typically 10-15 miles, pace is 12-13mph average in Strava). I don't have a road bike nor bicycle shorts.
    - I ride every day to work and will try to ride every day of the contest again this year. I won the "lantern rouge" prize last year for riding every day of the contest and having the lowest miles.
    - Most of my rides seem to be related to picking up groceries...
    - I'm up for riding to breweries to sample beer and kombucha. I'd also like to do some gravel/double track riding if anyone is up for that.

Bikes:
    - Dahon folding bike (studded tires this year) for commutes/errands
    - Handsome Devil steel touring/cross bike set up like a Rivendell with fenders, lights, racks, etc.

Tom
    There's a great mostly gravel ride from Leesburg to Vanish Brewery...great beers!
    Definitely up for that!

Nigel

15. Likes FFX_Hinterlands liked this post