Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: January 2020

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The last few miles of the Northwest Branch Trail, right before it changes to a hiker/horse trail only, are a disaster. The pavement is heaving from roots and the channels that let water cross the path were designed by a 5 year old. No wonder I was the only one on that section of the trail with the beautiful weather we had this weekend.

    (Yes I crashed and I'm very salty about it)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    1,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There was a bucket truck blocking the Washington Blvd. underpass on the Custis ~5:40pm Tuesday, 01/21. They were working on something between the bridge beams, and the truck completely blocked the trail, although 2 unencumbered roadies ahead of me managed to climb over one of the supports and get past the truck along the sound wall. I bailed and went around through the neighborhood. Hopefully all clear now.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    There was a bucket truck blocking the Washington Blvd. underpass on the Custis ~5:40pm Tuesday, 01/21. They were working on something between the bridge beams, and the truck completely blocked the trail, although 2 unencumbered roadies ahead of me managed to climb over one of the supports and get past the truck along the sound wall. I bailed and went around through the neighborhood. Hopefully all clear now.
    Since you were like half a mile behind me on the leaderboard yesterday and will inevitably pass me today, surely that was a feature, not a bug.

    A couple of guys in front of me dismounted to walk through, but I didn't even enter the underpass but went around. This morning, there were two pieces of plastic or something (stands for a sign?) still in the trail on the approach.
    Last edited by huskerdont; 01-22-2020 at 07:52 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    This morning, there were two pieces of plastic or something (stands for a sign?) still in the trail on the approach.
    They appeared to be broken pieces of Styrofoam packing. My terrible night vision initially thought they were small plastic polar bears facing each other.

  5. Likes huskerdont liked this post
  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Since you were like half a mile behind me on the leaderboard yesterday and will inevitably pass me today, surely that was a feature, not a bug.
    There was a strong burnt something-repair-like (rather than, say, wood) odor as I rode through. Smelled like something was welded. I remembered the post about the work after I went through, so I wasn't looking for anything.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West McLean
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Wilson Boulevard underpass on the WOD is wet and muddy from the overflow caused by this past weekend's rain - just a heads up in case you like to tear through there.

  8. Likes Hancockbs liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •