Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Update on teams

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on teams

Everyone,

First, thank you again to everyone who volunteered to be a team captain. In particular, those who did so recently so we could increase the number of teams to be able to make the teams smaller, which was something that a lot of people wanted.

There are 26 teams and these are all the team captains:

jrenaut
    Jessica Hirschhorn
    Shepard
    Sarah Bee
    Jim B
    MikeT
    Nadine
    toubob
    secstate
    Ashby
    Irenaeus
    Greenbelt
    supernova
    lordofthemark
    AlanA
    DrBullet
    Stuart
    gmaassen
    amsmith
    Andrea Matney
    Making the Püsh
    NoVaNoobGA
    Steve O
    David Pomeroy
    LeftyLaura
    MarcDionne

You won't find out what team you're on until the happy hour on January 14th. But here's what I can tell you as of now:

- There are 8 people on each team.
    - Those team captains who requested a "local" team got something that looks like that to the best of my ability.
    - Those people who asked to be on a team with other "local" people got something that looks like that to the best of my ability.
    - Everyone else got assigned more or less randomly.
    - But all the teams are more or less "balanced" based last year's reported Freezing Saddles mileage.

A word about local teams. "Local" means more or less in the same general vicinity ... within reason. There were a few cases where there were only 2 or 3 people who lived somewhere near each other. I did my best to keep y'all together, but you may be on a team with players from other parts of the DMV. Also, for the team captains and players who requested "local," I prioritized that. The assumption was that being on the same team as other people who live/work near you was more important than miles. So some of the local teams may not have as much previous year's Freezing Saddles mileage as other teams.

There are still 10 people on the wait list. You might be asking: Why don't we form another 8-person team? After all, there are more people who want to play. The reason is: Invariably, some number of people will drop out for whatever reason. So we need to have a wait list of at least a handful of people (probably more than that) to fill those spaces. If, after a reasonable time, it turns out that all the teams are complete as-is, then we'll create another team based on the wait list.

Hope all of the above makes at least some sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your awesome data organization!

3. Likes Hancockbs, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Double Thank You!

Name:  leo.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  10.4 KB

5. Likes Jessica Hirschhorn, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see my team is in first. That will likely last until 3-4 hours after happy hour.

7. Likes Jessica Hirschhorn, cvcalhoun, Nadine liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    There are still 10 people on the wait list. You might be asking: Why don't we form another 8-person team? After all, there are more people who want to play. The reason is: Invariably, some number of people will drop out for whatever reason. So we need to have a wait list of at least a handful of people (probably more than that) to fill those spaces.
    Air Vice Marshal Keith Park: [during the raids on September 15th] Is everything up?
    Wing Cmdr. Willoughby: The lot, Sir!
    Air Vice Marshal Keith Park: Reserves?
    Wing Cmdr. Willoughby: None!
    Air Vice Marshal Keith Park: That's what I've just told the Prime Minister!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Glad to see my team is in first. That will likely last until 3-4 hours after happy hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Adriana liked this post