Likes Likes:  287
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 205

Thread: Calvinball 2020 Official Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Calvinball 2020 Official Thread

    Sorry for the delay in getting this up, but starting on the first of January isn't that bad. Also, I'm proud to present to you a pointless prize that doesn't just involve eating/drinking and tagging rides. Without any further ado, here we go:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 6.17.14 PM.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	20578

    Bruce the Sleepy/josh is returning as Tim the Enchanter for a new game of Calvinball. I am the sole keeper of the scores and arbiter of the rules, although I'll strive to be less capricious than rcannon100. I will begin the game by hiding the Calvinball and posting here.

    Initial Rules

    Your quest is to seek thee the gameball, hidden secretly amongst the cycling trails inside the beltway (but not to be found in any federal park).

    Seek the game ball. Maketh up a new ordinance for the game. Hide the sacred ball. Post your new ordinance along with guidance on how those who follow can seek the gameball. Thou shall find, hide and post within the same hours 24.

    For finding the gameball, ye shall be awarded 5 points, less a point for each day that passeth before the gameball is once again uncovered.

    Ye may find the gameball but once during each rotation of the Earth. Ye may possess the gameball but once every other turn.

    If your new ordinance nets three likes, ye shall likewise be award points equaling five and your ordinance shall be implemented as law of the game, which all who play must loyally adhere.

    This be not organized competition. This be Calvinball. New rules are obliged to follow the spirit of Saint Calvin and Saint Hobbes. New ordinances shall not thee be bills of attainder but must generally apply to all fools of venture into our midst. New ordinances cannot benefit the ordinance's scribe uniquely. New ordinances should make the court jester smile upon thee, and shall not place any in existential peril.

    If a new ordinance shall contravene an old ordinance, the ordinance with highest net likes shall be declared the law.

    Created Ordinances

    Scores
    Spreadsheet

    Prizes
    TBD

    Notes
    Consider Thee Calvinball a Hot-potatoe game - not a hide-and-seek game. This be not geocaching. More, we wish the Calvinball attain perpetual motion, constantly moving, from pilgrim to pilgrim. (Translation: don't make your hides hard or your rules constraining. The more silliness the better.)
    This is not a winner take all game -- "The points don't matter"
    Don't be too incestuous with your hiding and finding please, I don't want to drop the hammer on anyone

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calvinball.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	20579
    Last edited by josh; 01-01-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Formatting fix

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Post reserved for future use

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Sorry for the delay in getting this up, but starting on the first of January isn't that bad. Also, I'm proud to present to you a pointless prize that doesn't just involve eating/drinking and tagging rides. Without any further ado, here we go:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 6.17.14 PM.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	20578

    Bruce the Sleepy/josh is returning as Tim the Enchanter for a new game of Calvinball. I am the sole keeper of the scores and arbiter of the rules, although I'll strive to be less capricious than rcannon100. I will begin the game by hiding the Calvinball and posting here.Initial Rules:

    Your quest is to seek thee the gameball, hidden secretly amongst the cycling trails inside the beltway (but not to be found in any federal park).

    Seek the game ball. Maketh up a new ordinance for the game. Hide the sacred ball. Post your new ordinance along with guidance on how those who follow can seek the gameball. Thou shall find, hide and post within the same hours 24.

    For finding the gameball, ye shall be awarded 5 points, less a point for each day that passeth before the gameball is once again uncovered.

    Ye may find the gameball but once during each rotation of the Earth. Ye may possess the gameball but once every other turn.

    If your new ordinance nets three likes, ye shall likewise be award points equaling five and your ordinance shall be implemented as law of the game, which all who play must loyally adhere.

    This be not organized competition. This be Calvinball. New rules are obliged to follow the spirit of Saint Calvin and Saint Hobbes. New ordinances shall not thee be bills of attainder but must generally apply to all fools of venture into our midst. New ordinances cannot benefit the ordinance's scribe uniquely. New ordinances should make the court jester smile upon thee, and shall not place any in existential peril.

    If a new ordinance shall contravene an old ordinance, the ordinance with highest net likes shall be declared the law.

    Created Ordinances

    Scores
    Spreadsheet

    Prizes
    TBD

    Notes
    Consider Thee Calvinball a Hot-potatoe game - not a hide-and-seek game. This be not geocaching. More, we wish the Calvinball attain perpetual motion, constantly moving, from pilgrim to pilgrim. (Translation: don't make your hides hard or your rules constraining. The more silliness the better.)
    This is not a winner take all game -- "The points don't matter"
    Don't be too incestuous with your hiding and finding please, I don't want to drop the hammer on anyone

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calvinball.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	20579
    Yasss!!!! I vote for Ball!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yesssssssss!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Code:
    Muslo
          Más rápido
                         Palacio
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200101_194227.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	20580
    (it's the little bit of orange under the siding-looking material)

    What three words?
    Last edited by josh; 01-01-2020 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Edit formatting, leading whitespace is important

  7. Likes katie liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Code:
    Muslo
          Más rápido
                         Palacio
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200101_194227.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	20580
    (it's the little bit of orange under the siding-looking material)

    What three words?
    Fastest thigh palace???

  9. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA (W&OD MP4.5)
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yay! I'm so glad Calvinball is back!

  11. Likes CBGanimal, kwarkentien liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    Fastest thigh palace???
    Muscle quick palace

    Spanish type fast food restaurants with palace in the name?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBGanimal View Post
    Muscle quick palace

    Spanish type fast food restaurants with palace in the name?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pearl dive oyster palace on u st?

  14. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Fairfax
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Spanish Steps

  16. Likes josh, SarahBee, kwarkentien, sszibler liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •