Likes Likes:  315
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Opening Happy Hour - January 14th 6pm Highline R&R Crystal City

Post Thanks / Like

Great, Smitty2k! See you at the Washington Monument side of 15th & Madison. Looks like we have a little group going. Yay!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it too late to RSVP for this tonight? If so, I'm gonna crash it...

Also, planning on getting some miles in on the way over there from Farragut North, but don't know my way around over there.

If anyone is planning on riding down and needs some company, please let me know. I'll be on a CaBi.

3. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone interested in a pre-happy hour happy hour? I work right nearby and don't necessarily want to plug away until 6, so if you'd like to meet at Highline 5:30ish, let me know!

5. Likes Nadine, CBGanimal liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmillah View Post
    Is it too late to RSVP for this tonight? If so, I'm gonna crash it...

Also, planning on getting some miles in on the way over there from Farragut North, but don't know my way around over there.

If anyone is planning on riding down and needs some company, please let me know. I'll be on a CaBi.
    Yes, a group will be riding from the Washington Monument (15th St. side at Madison), 5:30pm.

Jessica H and all: If you want to meet us as we fly up the ramp of the 14th St. Bridge instead, near the Jefferson Memorial, we'll be going by there about 5:40 I would guess. I recommend queuing by the CaBi station.

7. Likes Jessica Hirschhorn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflycrk View Post
    Anyone interested in a pre-happy hour happy hour? I work right nearby and don't necessarily want to plug away until 6, so if you'd like to meet at Highline 5:30ish, let me know!
    I'm going early but to Sweet Green first, with @Joan who has a concussion and is concerned about the noise level.... She's only gonna stay at the HH for a short time because of it. We're planning to get there at 5:20.

I tried to convince her to go to the HH early but I really don't have any idea about the noise levels of the different places at that time. I suspect Sweet Green won't be much quieter. But I'm only guessing, you know? I suspect you'll go to the HH early - but if not you're welcome to join us for a li'l bit at sweet green before it.

9. Likes Amelia liked this post
  10. 01-14-2020, 02:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Wait! There's water between DC and VA?
    Yep, some might call it the swamp.
    Last edited by ImaCynic; 01-14-2020 at 03:57 PM.

12. Likes bmillah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Yes, a group will be riding from the Washington Monument (15th St. side at Madison), 5:30pm.

Jessica H and all: If you want to meet us as we fly up the ramp of the 14th St. Bridge instead, near the Jefferson Memorial, we'll be going by there about 5:40 I would guess. I recommend queuing by the CaBi station.
    Thanks, Steve. Will be there at 5:30.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the invite to SG! From what I've observed it's only chaotic at lunch, so it should be a nice quiet spot. Look forward to meeting you at HH!

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all have fun now, ya hear?

16. Likes Boomer2U, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone! Iíve arrived *checks notes* an hour early. Iíve updated the reservation board to say freezing saddles instead of Amelia... but the seats in back still say Amelia!

Iím in a grey sweater - come say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes musclys, Steve O, AlanA, bikedavid, Boomer2U liked this post
    Dislikes musclys disliked this post