Likes Likes:  367
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beerneuring - BAFS 2020

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #3

Day 3, Beerneuring 3 at Lost Boy Cider. It's practically in my work backyard and this is my first time visiting. Cool vibes and lots of dry ciders. I had the Hazy Hopped and really liked it. Tart, crisp green apple with a touch of happy hoppiness on the finish. Goes down delightfully easy and at 6.9%, could be dangerous.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200103_164631.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	20605

And yes, that's Andre the Giant in the background.

2. Likes Nadine, Boomer2U, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring - BAFS 2020

#BAFS2020beerneuring 002 - Lost Boy Cider
    Speaking of Andre the Giant, ciders and getting Lost....

I, too, partook in tonight’s beerneuring mission to Lost Boy Cider. I shared w/ @CBGanimal 2 flights of 8 of the 16 ciders available, which was constituted of the first two top rows of ciders on the board behind the bar counter.

There were so many ciders, and at an average ABV of 6.9%, it did not take long to get confused. The 2 I most remember are the Pixie Dust as it was a funky color because of the combination of butterfly pea flower and citrus, and the Hazy Hopped, which tasted like an IPA beer.

Lost Boy Cider is located in a slightly better bike friendly location than Aslin, but has no bike rack, though we hung & locked four bikes to the railing alongside the exterior delivery/shipping bay

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-03-2020 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Notes re bike-friendliness

4. Likes CBGanimal, Nadine, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #4

Jan 4 at Phase 2 Brewing in Ashburn. I had the ESB on cask. Slightly sweet and malty and delicious! Super friendly folks too.

Name:	20200104_120211.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	20612

6. Likes CBGanimal, Boomer2U, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #5

Jan 4 at the Bike Lane. Fxbooks met me there and it would have been rude to not have a drink with her, right? I had the Ryed or Die, a rye IPA. (Ryde... I see what you did there.) Easy to drink, slightly bitter and not overly hoppy. Ryde on!

Name:	20200104_134550.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	20616

8. Likes sjclaeys, CBGanimal, josh, Boomer2U liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Beerneuring #1 Settle Down Easy

The challenge of getting there was the dual detour on the W&OD. West wasn't bad but I missed the turn onto Hollywood, which meant navigating sidewalks and service lanes and parking lots on Lee Highway in classic Fairfax County style. The brewery was nice though, if the bike parking lacking. No flight price, so I just got 3 tasters and saved some up for Caboose.

2 Cloud 9 - NEIPA

Hazy light yellow white head. Aroma is mango peach, soft pine, quite strong. Taste has a bit more pine, still lots of soft fruit, some sweetness. Little bitterness, very drinkable.

Sour Raspberry Ramble

Purplish red, I guess crimson. Strongly sour, odd candied berry taste comes in and out. I guess honey notes. Aroma is subtle, hints of berry and honey. I think they tried to do too much with this

Le Grand Chocolat

Almost black, tan head. Taste starts with an interesting coffee cocoa note that quickly resolves to a blander milk chocolate. The bourbon overtones are noticeable. Aroma is milk chocolate without the bourbon. Mouthfeel is definitely creamy. I think maybe they overdid the lactose? Not unpleasant though.

Name:	20200104_134739.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	20619
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 01-05-2020 at 06:12 AM.

10. Likes Nadine, CBGanimal, Judd, sjclaeys, josh, Boomer2U liked this post
  11. 01-04-2020, 07:54 PM

I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Reason
    Error

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Beerneuring #2 Caboose Commons

Won't bother talking about the bike conditions from Settle Down, people have kvetched about Rte 29 for years. The brewery of course is dramatic and the bike parking is great.

Caboose Key Lime Gose

Hazy yellow, white head. Aroma is soft lime weaving in and out. Taste is indistinctly sour, lime more on the finish. Light to medium mouthfeel. Gets better on the second and third sips..I liked this a lot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200104_150918.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	20620
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 01-05-2020 at 06:54 AM.

13. Likes CBGanimal, sjclaeys, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am bartending at Maryland Meadworks from noon-2pm today Sunday 1/5. Mead counts towards beerneuring and the meadery is right off the trail in Hyattsville, so bike over and ill give you a 50% discount on a glass of mead if you say you’re a freezing saddle participant during my shift. And I will take your picture for your required documentation....

Sunday: 12pm - 7pm
    Maryland Meadworks
    4700 Rhode Island Ave.
    Suite Bee
    Hyattsville, MD 20781

Maryland Meadworks is located on the southern end of Hyattsville (aka SoHy), next to Shortcake Bakery at the intersection of Route 1 (Rhode Island Ave.) and the Northwest Branch bike trail.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beerneuring #6

Jan 5 at Lake Anne Brewing in Reston. I had the Shuck Oyster Stout which was a nice reward for fighting the headwinds out there. Slightly salty, malty and sweet, and nicely balanced.

Name:	LAB.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	20626

16. Likes Boomer2U, Nadine, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jrenaut #0: Denizens

We went to Denizens and they were closed. The nerve.

18. Likes josh, Steve O, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jrenaut #1: Astro Lab

Luckily, Astro Lab is less than 1/3 of a mile away, and they WERE open, and they have delicious pretzels with cheese sauce.

I started with the Jupiter. The tasting notes say it has a soft mouthfeel, and that's definitely true. I tried the wife's Startaker. Similar beer, stronger finish. Then I moved on to the James Whirl Jones. Frutier and good. Similar to the first two. I tried the wife's Peekaboo w/Mosaic. Honestly, all four of these are pretty much the same. Maybe I have a cold or something. I finished with the Boss - an IPA inspired by LIverpool from the British Premier League. It was super malty for an IPA. So malty, in fact, that I hesitate to call it an IPA. It was good, though.

Name:	IMG_20200105_151209413.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	20627

20. Likes CBGanimal, Steve O, Boomer2U, Nadine, sjclaeys liked this post