Likes Likes:  291
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize - Photography Contest

Post Thanks / Like

What about a picture taken while riding your bike during BAFS 2020, but that doesn't include your bike? For example, from 2019:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98F7BF43-8DEC-40B5-8162-E2F6A05B493F.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	20549
    Last edited by musclys; 12-16-2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: duplicate

2. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by musclys View Post
    What about a picture taken while riding your bike during BAFS 2020, but that doesn't include your bike?
    My plan is to submit and see what happens.... possibly the organizer hasn't decided yet. My thought is to make them at least a little bike-y, e.g., taken from a recognizable piece of bike infrastructure, from somewhere best accessed by bike (a great C&O campsite, for example), or maybe at a BAFS event

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    #DANGERPANDA also requires looking into the camera. Wistfully, if you'd like
    I was looking at the camera in the phone strapped to my stem....

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What about a picture taken while riding your bike during BAFS 2020, but that doesn't include your bike? For example, from 2019:
    Yeah, this is what I was basically asking in my third question to the organizer. I wondered if there had to be something bike related in the picture. If it was up to me, I'd say yes, but it isn't up to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    I wondered if there had to be something bike related in the picture. If it was up to me, I'd say yes, but it isn't up to me
    And if it was up to me, I'd say no. To me, cycling in the winter -- and all year really -- is about the adventure and the views. The best views are from my bike, typically not of my bike. But, like you said, not up to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Does this qualify as “artsy-fartsy”? ... asking for a friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes of course it does.

8. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98F7BF43-8DEC-40B5-8162-E2F6A05B493F.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	20549
    Beautiful photograph. The answer is... I will want to see photographs that remind me specifically of freezing saddles. Something that has at least something bicycle-related is good (even a shadow, or perhaps just tire tracks). Gorgeous photos.. yeah, I can't say that I won't consider them, but I will err towards the bikey as the plan is to construct a thematic calendar.

10. Likes Judd, musclys, secstate, drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey look, I get to play a reindeer game after all instead of just lying about it on the form! /s

Seriously, great contest. Much more likely to do this than to remember to tag my errands or coffee shop/brewery visits.

12. Likes Mtansill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mtansill View Post
    Beautiful photograph. The answer is... I will want to see photographs that remind me specifically of freezing saddles. Something that has at least something bicycle-related is good (even a shadow, or perhaps just tire tracks). Gorgeous photos.. yeah, I can't say that I won't consider them, but I will err towards the bikey as the plan is to construct a thematic calendar.
    Love the idea of a bike-themed calendar. I just sent my mom one for Christmas of pictures I took from my bike in 2019 (titled "Bikes and Views"); this was not one of them, but there were a lot of the Capitol at sunset or the Reflecting Pool at sunrise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obviously one important feature will be that the photos are taken with a high-enough resolution that they can print on 8x11 or 12x12. Look forward to seeing what I can contribute!

14. Likes CBGanimal, Mtansill, camiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Hey look, I get to play a reindeer game after all instead of just lying about it on the form! /s

Seriously, great contest. Much more likely to do this than to remember to tag my errands or coffee shop/brewery visits.
    Thanks! There was a photography contest the first year or two that I played Freezing Saddles. I've missed it.

16. Likes huskerdont liked this post