Likes Likes:  57
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize - Adulting (aka errandaneuring if you so fancy) #FS2020Adulting

Post Thanks / Like

hahahaha, Nadine! sounds like you gotta bad case of ants in your pants! I like the gel ones where they dry quick under that light that prolly causes skin cancer...speaking of nails, I am waaaay over due.

2. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As the judge (I think?) I think you should be awarded 1 point for each of those adulting items, however, these must be counted by the techies and I have defer to the techies on a couple of questions here: 1. Does each errand need to be a separate strava ride to get the counting engine to count them? 2. Will the #FS2020Adulting be counted if it is embedded in the strava title and not at the end? I need the counting engine to do the hard work of telling me who is winning...! and I am sure folks would like to see where they stand in the adulting points accumulation....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elizsnyder View Post
    As the judge (I think?) I think you should be awarded 1 point for each of those adulting items, however, these must be counted by the techies and I have defer to the techies on a couple of questions here: 1. Does each errand need to be a separate strava ride to get the counting engine to count them? 2. Will the #FS2020Adulting be counted if it is embedded in the strava title and not at the end? I need the counting engine to do the hard work of telling me who is winning...! and I am sure folks would like to see where they stand in the adulting points accumulation....
    Unless something changed, each errand would have to be a separate ride to be counted. The hashtag can be anywhere in the ride title, but I think the logic is essentially "does this ride have this hashtag" rather than "how many times does this hashtag show up?"

The leaderboard that does the counting would be at https://freezingsaddles.org/pointles...FS2020Adulting
    Last edited by LhasaCM; 12-18-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: sloppy nomenclature

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    The hashtag can be anywhere in the ride description
    I don't think that's correct. Doesn't it need to be in the ride/activity title, not the description? But I agree with the rest of your claim.

6. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I don't think that's correct. Doesn't it need to be in the ride/activity title, not the description? But I agree with the rest of your claim.
    Correct - title, not description. (I got sloppy with my Strava nomenclature.) Fixed my earlier post - thanks for catching that.

8. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WoW, fantastic LhasaCM! thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

#FS2020Adulting Leaderboard: https://freezingsaddles.org/pointles...FS2020Adulting

Where are all of the folks bicycling (as opposed to "running") chores!? Leslie is so far out in front, you GO GURL!!

Calling all bicycle errands, bicycle chores, bicycle adulting....don't forget to tag your rides with #FS2020Adulting in get in for the fantastic prize win!!

Post Thanks / Like

I built a better leaderboard for this, and made it so you can just use #adulting in addition to the hashtag #FS2020Adulting:

https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/generic/adulting

12. Likes Judd, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I audited my rides since the beginning of the year and tagged 10 of them with #adulting - now I'm in 2nd place: https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/generic/adulting

14. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Richard! and well done, sir!