Likes Likes:  406
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FS Newbies -- introduce yourself here!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmillah View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm Brian. This will be my third year doing BAFS, have had a blast the previous two years participating in this challenge. I'm in suburban MD and do a fair bit of riding in the dark, either night or early mornings. The neighbors and wife think I'm crazy, but absolutely love this. I'll be at the opening HH in January and hope to meet more of you this year.
    Little known fact - if at some point during BAFS you are NOT called crazy by a friend or loved one, we dock your points by 50%.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    if at some point during BAFS you are NOT called crazy by a friend or loved one
    That someone would wait until Freezing Saddles, and would sacrifice 3x the annual chances to be so characterized strikes me as, um, what's that word?

Last edited by musclys; 12-11-2019 at 01:17 PM.

3. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready to roll

Glad to be here and looking forward to more rides this winter.

5. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Greetings people of the universe :]

Hello everyone! Iíve been riding bikes for as long as I can remember! Iíve been active in WTF Rides with Rag n Bones in Richmond, Slaughterama, the Lime Connect metric century, Team Not Team, cyclocross and more! I believe more people should switch from cars to bikes to cut down on traffic and save the planet <3 hoping to do Freezing Saddles!!!

7. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another newbie!

Hi, I'm Laurel. This will be my first Freezing Saddles!

I have a very wonky commute that takes me to different public-transit-unfriendly suburban places on different days of the week. Biking to work at least a few days a week has been a huge improvement over sitting in traffic in my car, and I'm hoping that participating in this competition will motivate me to get out on my bike even when it's cold.

9. Likes Steve O, Edelweiss, Greenbelt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New participant, new ebike, car-free since Oct. 1, hope to join Freezing Saddles!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Hey everyone! I did BAFS for the first team two years ago in 2018 and it was awesome. I ride my bike(s) a lot more now, and I've met a bunch of people.

If you're new to the forums, you can get your required first post here, so you don't need to open up a new thread. If you're not new, still feel free to let people know a bit about you (if you'd like).
    Hi, I gave up my car as of October 1 and have been only biking and taking Metro/bus (and occasionally Uber/Lyft) since then. I just bought a Class 1 (no throttle) "Vale Go!" e-bike, "Pearl the Electric Bike" on Instagram , and I would love to participate in Freezing Saddles!

11. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready for some cold rides

Joining blazing saddles to bike more in the winter months. I am more of a runner than a cyclist.

13. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Second time BAFS participant

Looking forward to racking up the miles on my new touring bike!

15. Likes Steve O, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Hey everyone! I did BAFS for the first team two years ago in 2018 and it was awesome. I ride my bike(s) a lot more now, and I've met a bunch of people.

If you're new to the forums, you can get your required first post here, so you don't need to open up a new thread. If you're not new, still feel free to let people know a bit about you (if you'd like).

Thanks for an obvious place to post. This will be my first year. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Indiana; 01-17-2020 at 10:24 PM.

17. Likes Steve O, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Freezing Saddles!

Another newbie to Freezing Saddles! I bike everyday to work but my resilience to the cold has taken a dent this year so looking forward to being challenged by my fellow dedicated bikers.

19. Likes Steve O, Edelweiss, Kristen_H liked this post