Likes Likes:  53
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize Thread

Hi all! It's time for the funnest part of Freezing Saddles, the Pointless Prizes. These are fun activities - both crazy and mundane - that add a little something extra to the winter riding experience.

First of all, anyone can sponsor a prize - you can sponsor a prize, your friend who isn't playing can sponsor a prize, even your mom can sponsor a prize. Second, Pointless Prizes can be about anything! They can be objective (like most miles ridden on New Years Day), they can be subjective (like Sock Game). They can be embarrassing (like rider with the most falls) and they can be heartwarming (Bike Samaritans, helping others in need). Check out last year's thread for more examples.

List of Pointless Prizes for 2020 (updated 2/16/20)

Individual Prizes (chuxtr): Highest individual miles [male/female]
    Rookie of the Year (chuxtr), most miles for first time FS participant [male/female]

Coffee Rides (chuxtr) - Visit different coffee places on your bike #FS2020coffeeride
    Sock Competition (Jessica) - Best socks No hashtag
    Loopy for Arlington (bentbike33) - Completing the most Arlington Loops No hashtag
    Points per Mile (chuxtr) - Highest ratio of points per mile No hashtag
    Maximum Smugness Points (epilsk) - Ride every day, feel smug about the hardships you've endured No hashtag
    Kidical (LhasaCM) - Riding with kids #kidical
    withKid (LhasaCM) - Riding with kids to whom you have no attachment #withkid
    Seminary Road (LordOfTheMark) - Make use of the Seminary Road bike lanes No hashtag
    Photo Clever Caption (SteveO) - Clever captions for FS photos No hashtag
    Adulting / Errandaneuring (Elizabeth I Like Wheels) - Use your bike to do everyday chores #FS2020Adulting
    Pointless Pi (Sunyata) - Ride the most miles and is closest to a multiple of pi on "Pi Day" #BAFS2020PI
    Photography Contest (Mtansill) - Artistic photographs (not pictures of your socks or coffee) Instagram: #freezingsaddles2020
    Real Supple Ride (drevil) - Extra points for riding on fat tires See thread for hashtag instructions
    Pointless Pie Prize - the Doppelganger (Mtansill) - Eat pie and post a pic on Jan 23rd No hashtag
    POGGIO Simulations (spelter) - Most rides on a hilly segment of Rock Creek Park No hashtag
    Ramen Ride (bikedavid) - Rides involving eating noodle soup #FS2020soupyride or #FS2020slurpyride
    Dirty Biker (Dachs6) - Off pavement rides #DirtyBikerFS20
    Beerneuring (sjclaeys) - Drink beer. Ride Bikes No hashtag
    TACOS TACOS TACOS (LuisFilipe) - Eat tacos. Ride bikes #FS2020tacoloco [Name of place]
    Calvinball (Josh) - It's like hallucinogenic h ot-potato No hashtag
    Chocolateuaring (Boomer2U) - Eat chocolate. Ride bikes #FS2020Chocolateuring
    Don't Be Deflated (LuisFilipe) - The person who gets the most flats wins #Deflated
    Individual Meh-diocrity (SteveO) - For the middle of the pack team(s) No hashtag
    Team Meh-diocrity (SteveO) - For the middle of the pack team(s) No hashtag
    Parkfinder (camiller) - Go visit a park by bike #FS2020ParkFinder
    Lantern Rouge (chuxtr) - Ride all days, fewest total miles No hashtag
    London Bridge (wheels&wings) - Falling down, falling down #londonbridge or #fs2020londonbridge
    Donut (obscurerichard) - Top Donut riders #donut
    Wormhole (LuisFilipe) - Wormhole connections while riding #wormhole
    Video Contest (JoM) - It's like the Oscars, but with bikes No hashtag
    The Ubiquitous George Washington (dragonflycrk) - Visit Washington-related places #george #martha
    Last edited by accordioneur; 02-16-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also sponsoring Points per Mile. Calculated on the leaderboard.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

I will once again organize the FS Photo Clever Caption competition

And some yet-to-be-determined PPs related to Steve O's Crazy idea scoring system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I will once again organize the FS Photo Clever Caption competition

And some yet-to-be-determined PPs related to Steve O's Crazy idea scoring system.
    Steve!

I am planning on hosting a photo contest, so you should have lots of fodder this year. Details tbd.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm again sponsoring the kid-related prizes for the adults (#kidical, #withkid, and kidsathlon) again for FS2020. See http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...Related-Prizes

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be inclined to take over Dirty Biker with the hashtag #DirtyBikerFS20...it hasn't been claimed, and most of my commute is on gravel, so it seems reasonable.

7. Likes Jessica Hirschhorn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dachs6 View Post
    I'd be inclined to take over Dirty Biker with the hashtag #DirtyBikerFS20...it hasn't been claimed, and most of my commute is on gravel, so it seems reasonable.
    All yours! I'm thinking of doing another Pointless Prize, but I need to talk to the computery folks to see if possible.

9. Likes Jessica Hirschhorn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Accordioneur, I am doing the #FSrealsuppleride for 2020: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...realsuppleride

11. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sponsoring POGGIO Simulations I've talked to the IT folks and it shouldn't require any hashtag.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like there should be a LOW FIVE award, right Cynthia? If you successfully LOW FIVE without also qualifying for LONDON BRIDGE, ya get five points.