Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAFS 2020 Pointless Prizes: Loopy for Arlington

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I think it may not be picking up CCW1 because of your privacy zone. How big is your privacy zone around your house?
    Here's your ride from Feb. 4 (https://www.strava.com/activities/3072395021) Note where it starts and ends. I imagine you actually rode from your house, but Strava is hiding your privacy zone and not counting that segment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nadineloop.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	21188
    To build upon what Steve said - for any ride where the segment stops or starts within your privacy zone and is at the beginning or end of your ride, Strava will not count that segment. The times it did count it would be if the segment occurred "mid-ride" (the privacy zone only applies to a ride's start/stop). Per Strava:

Any segment, regardless of whether it's a private or public segment, that starts/stops within your Privacy Zone will not be matched to your activity, even if your activity’s visibility is set to “Only You”. However, if during your activity you pass completely through your privacy zone and continue on, that portion of your activity will be visible and you will match to segments within that zone. It’s only when your activity starts or ends inside of your privacy zone that those portions are hidden and segments within your zone won’t be matched. Removing a Privacy Zone will reinstate segment matches and any associated KOMs/CRs. More information regarding Privacy Zones can be found here.

2. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another data point:

Name:	loopy.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	21193

This ride wasn't counted for my only loop around Arlington so far during the contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DCAKen View Post
    Another data point:

Name:	loopy.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	21193

This ride wasn't counted for my only loop around Arlington so far during the contest.
    Do all 8 segments show up in your segment list for the ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Do all 8 segments show up in your segment list for the ride?
    Yes. I've checked the FS Loopy page and my Least-Ridden Segment has shown different segments on the various times I've visited the page. Sometimes CW8, others CW2, but when I click on that segment, it shows my results from the day I did the loop.

6. 03-02-2020, 10:39 AM

5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Still curious about hiccups in the data. The leaderboard shows me with 8 loops, but I think it should be 11.
    I checked all 16 segments.

My lowest CW segment is CW1 with 4
    My lowest CCW segment is CCW8 with 7

Thanks.
    Given the issues with the leaderboard, I'm going to ask the gurus to do the Loop segment data pull that I've used in the past to calculate the winners. I'm hoping the issue is somewhere between the database and the leaderboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Could folks check again about whether their loop count is accurate or not? We've made some significant fixes to fetching segments that should grab many more of the segments that did not get counted the first time around.

9. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    Could folks check again about whether their loop count is accurate or not? We've made some significant fixes to fetching segments that should grab many more of the segments that did not get counted the first time around.

Confirming that I believe my count is accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Announcing the Winners!

Since we seem to have settled that the leaderboard is correct, I am ready to award the FS2020 Loopy for Arlington Prizes.

A total of 396 Arlington Loops were completed by 68 Freezing Saddles participants this year, 176 clockwise by 53 riders, and 220 counterclockwise by 44 riders.

For keeping the best balance in life during Freezing Saddles, the prize for Most Matching Loops goes to:

Name:	ArlingtonLoops2020_Match.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	21447

For keeping herself totally wound up during Freezing Saddles, the prize for Most Counterclockwise Loops goes to:

Name:	ArlingtonLoops2020_CCW.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	21448

And, by judges decision (and because nobody needs 2 boxes of Froot Loops), for the guy who likes to unwind, the prize for Most Clockwise Loops goes to:

Name:	ArlingtonLoops2020_CW.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	21449

Congratulation to all the winners! PM me to arrange a meet-up if you are running low on cereal. Otherwise, I will present your awards when we eventually have the closing Happy Hour.

12. Likes CBGanimal, Steve O, wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU! the most awesomeness prize if freezing saddles by a long shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes wheels&wings, bentbike33 liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Since we seem to have settled that the leaderboard is correct, I am ready to award the FS2020 Loopy for Arlington Prizes.

A total of 396 Arlington Loops were completed by 68 Freezing Saddles participants this year, 176 clockwise by 53 riders, and 220 counterclockwise by 44 riders.

For keeping the best balance in life during Freezing Saddles, the prize for Most Matching Loops goes to:

For keeping herself totally wound up during Freezing Saddles, the prize for Most Counterclockwise Loops goes to:

And, by judges decision (and because nobody needs 2 boxes of Froot Loops), for the guy who likes to unwind, the prize for Most Clockwise Loops goes to:

Congratulation to all the winners! PM me to arrange a meet-up if you are running low on cereal. Otherwise, I will present your awards when we eventually have the closing Happy Hour.
    Excited to win, although I was actually shooting for the matching prize, since I had no hope for either of the others. 15 and 16 each direction respectively. But unwinding and living a balanced life are both laudable goals. Yay!

16. Likes CBGanimal, bentbike33 liked this post