Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAFS 2020 Pointless Prizes: Loopy for Arlington

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I think it may not be picking up CCW1 because of your privacy zone. How big is your privacy zone around your house?
    Here's your ride from Feb. 4 (https://www.strava.com/activities/3072395021) Note where it starts and ends. I imagine you actually rode from your house, but Strava is hiding your privacy zone and not counting that segment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nadineloop.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	21188
    To build upon what Steve said - for any ride where the segment stops or starts within your privacy zone and is at the beginning or end of your ride, Strava will not count that segment. The times it did count it would be if the segment occurred "mid-ride" (the privacy zone only applies to a ride's start/stop). Per Strava:

Any segment, regardless of whether it's a private or public segment, that starts/stops within your Privacy Zone will not be matched to your activity, even if your activity’s visibility is set to “Only You”. However, if during your activity you pass completely through your privacy zone and continue on, that portion of your activity will be visible and you will match to segments within that zone. It’s only when your activity starts or ends inside of your privacy zone that those portions are hidden and segments within your zone won’t be matched. Removing a Privacy Zone will reinstate segment matches and any associated KOMs/CRs. More information regarding Privacy Zones can be found here.

2. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another data point:

Name:	loopy.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	21193

This ride wasn't counted for my only loop around Arlington so far during the contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DCAKen View Post
    Another data point:

Name:	loopy.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	21193

This ride wasn't counted for my only loop around Arlington so far during the contest.
    Do all 8 segments show up in your segment list for the ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Do all 8 segments show up in your segment list for the ride?
    Yes. I've checked the FS Loopy page and my Least-Ridden Segment has shown different segments on the various times I've visited the page. Sometimes CW8, others CW2, but when I click on that segment, it shows my results from the day I did the loop.