Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Free tires (used) to a good home

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free tires (used) to a good home

I live in Arlington so you have to come to me if you want them.

Now that I’ve gone tubeless, I’ve got a couple pairs of tires to give away if any of y’all want them.

These are spoken for! 700x26 Pirelli Cinturatos These are Pirelli’s road/gravel tires that are both tube and tubeless. I’ve ridden these for ~2,600 miles. Plenty of “tread” left. One of my first rides on them was the Double Peak Metric+ that had that sh*t road fast descent. And they’ve seen some miles of gravel/unpaved roads on a Leesburg ride. Very sturdy tires, but still ride well. And comfortable (at least for me inflated 76 psi front and 80 psi rear). Flatted on them once (caught a small staple with my rear tire) but ~400 miles since then (before I switched to tubeless). Rear tire is starting to centerline flat spot, which you would expect after as many miles. Front tire still in very good shape. Ride on them through the winter until you put new tires on in the spring. Or use as a trainer tire if you’re using an “old fashioned” resistance trainer.

SOLD to Steve O! 700x25 Continental Grand Prix 5000s Conti’s latest and greatest tires. ~1,500 miles on them so still plenty of life. No flats. Just the wear you would expect for as many miles. These tires are fast. And reasonably comfortable. Not sure what the expected lifespan is on them, but if I was still riding them I’d expect to get another 1,500 miles out of them before wearing them down enough to want to switch them out. Too good a tire for indoor training. Ride these on the road.
    Last edited by chuxtr; 12-05-2019 at 10:04 AM.

2. Likes Hancockbs, josh liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    700x25 Continental Grand Prix 5000s Contiís latest and greatest tires. ~1,500 miles on them so still plenty of life. No flats. Just the wear you would expect for as many miles. These tires are fast. And reasonably comfortable. Not sure what the expected lifespan is on them, but if I was still riding them Iíd expect to get another 1,500 miles out of them before wearing them down enough to want to switch them out. Too good a tire for indoor training. Ride these on the road.
    Hmm. I'm thinking these will be good for when the tires I have on my fixie wear out.

Post Thanks / Like

If Steve O doesn't take the gp5ks, I will.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve O and Josh,

The Contis may already be spoken for. If it turns out they aren't, they Steve O has right of first refusal.

Post Thanks / Like

The Contis are available!

Steve O - They're yours if you want them. Otherwise, they go to Josh.

Post Thanks / Like

Pirellis are GONE!

Post Thanks / Like

Also Steve O, save the nice tires for the front, then move 'em to the rear where you don't care about traction because you'll just skrrt skrrt all over the place anyways

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    The Contis are available!

Steve O - They're yours if you want them. Otherwise, they go to Josh.
    Well, I can't let that young-un have 'em! Me me me. I'll email you for pickup specifics.