Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commuting from Chevy Chase MD to downtown DC (City Center)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivious Recidivist View Post
    Thx! I rode a little bit of Ridge yesterday ... will try that as an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride a test run along Ridge and Ross today ... not bad! Like you said, a little work up the hills, but scenic and nice once youíre up there ... and barely any traffic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    For this reason, I've typically found that streets with a lot of unpredictable activity feel quite safe for cycling. The chaos actually helps, as long as you are not too shy to take the lane when necessary. Some other examples: M Street in Georgetown, 14th St in Columbia Heights.
    Agree ... today I rode out of RCP at Morrow and took Kennedy over to 14th Street ... which was a little chaotic but manageable through Columbia Heights ... then over to 11th Street and took that all the way down to City Center.

Post Thanks / Like

Another option for you (depending on where in Martin's Addition you are) would be to take Utah/27th Street to Military Road, then Glover/Ridge Road all the way to Broad Branch. Utah is pretty wide and doesn't have too many hills.