Likes Likes:  86
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

View Poll Results: What should the FS2020 identifier be?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Reflective nylon snap band. $1.

4 8.33%
  • Zipper pull + lace tags, same as 2017 and 2018. $2.

17 35.42%
  • Reflective ankle band, same as 2019. $3.

15 31.25%
  • Reflective slap band with LED. $5.

9 18.75%
  • Something else (post a suggestion in the thread).

3 6.25%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Way to identify FS2020 participants

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poll: Way to identify FS2020 participants

Because I still enjoy spotting Freezing Saddles zipper pulls or ankle bands "in the wild," I'm volunteering again to coordinate the identifier for the 2020 edition of Freezing Saddles.

I’m still planning to stick with the neon green color we’ve used for the past four years, but I'm open to suggestions about what the identifier should be. I’ve listed some options in the poll, and I’d welcome other ideas. Please vote by Sunday, December 8.

The poll is open to everyone who is thinking about (1) participating in FS2020, or (2) spectating from the sidelines.

P.S. If you were a participant in FS2017, FS2018, or FS2019 and have lost your (highly collectible!) identifier, I still have extras available. $1 for each zipper pull, $2 for each ankle band. PM me to arrange details.
    Last edited by komorebi; 11-24-2019 at 07:44 PM.

2. Likes CBGanimal, BobCochran, Nadine, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How About a neon orange ankle band? A band that is long enough to go around ankles protected by winter boots and pants, and with generous amounts of velcro to ensure that the band will stay on the ankle rather than come off.

Thanks so much

Bob

4. Likes Brownws, creadinger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobCochran View Post
    How About a neon orange ankle band? A band that is long enough to go around ankles protected by winter boots and pants, and with generous amounts of velcro to ensure that the band will stay on the ankle rather than come off.

Thanks so much

Bob
    Except for color, youve accurately described the 2019 ankle bands.

6. Likes Steve O, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for an ankle band because I somehow, after 4 years as a full time bike commuter, still stick my pants into my socks every day.
    Also, as cool as an LED ankle band would be, I've already got enough high tech things with batteries

8. Likes FFX_Hinterlands, Judd, jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New COLOR to reflect different YEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Because I still enjoy spotting Freezing Saddles zipper pulls or ankle bands "in the wild," I'm volunteering again to coordinate the identifier for the 2020 edition of Freezing Saddles.

Im still planning to stick with the neon green color weve used for the past four years, but I'm open to suggestions about what the identifier should be. Ive listed some options in the poll, and Id welcome other ideas. Please vote by Sunday, December 8.

The poll is open to everyone who is thinking about (1) participating in FS2020, or (2) spectating from the sidelines.

P.S. If you were a participant in FS2017, FS2018, or FS2019 and have lost your (highly collectible!) identifier, I still have extras available. $1 for each zipper pull, $2 for each ankle band. PM me to arrange details.

I vote for ankle bracelet that is a different color. Otherwise, to be honest, I think the Green with no change but the year might be a tough sell. How about ORANGE or SCREAMING YELLOW?

Regards, Jessica

10. Likes Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You said you were planning to stick to neon green. Buuuuuut if you're open to suggestions, the only thing I'd like changed is to a different color. Orange preferably.

If that's not possible, can you change the font to as in the attached pic?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fsband.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	20518
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post

Im still planning to stick with the neon green color weve used for the past four years, but I'm open to suggestions about what the identifier should be. Ive listed some options in the poll, and Id welcome other ideas. Please vote by Sunday, December 8.

Thanks so much for doing this again, Josephine!

Hmm I see what Jessica and Bob mean and I'd certainly be into an orange anklet if you end up deciding to switch colors. (I wouldn't do yellow. Those are so common they won't help us identify anyone.) Having said that, I do kinda feel like the neon lime green color has become a bit signature for FS.

The anklets from last year are SO good I'm not sure you could top them, though. The zipper pulls are good too - and I have more jackets with zippers than zipper pulls.

What other options can you think of that make sense?

I'm sorry my reply isn't more helpful at this point. I promise to support (buy, wear, promote...) whatever you end up getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poll: Way to identify FS2020 participants

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    You said you were planning to stick to neon green. Buuuuuut if you're open to suggestions, the only thing I'd like changed is to a different color. Orange preferably.

If that's not possible, can you change the font to as in the attached pic?

Name:	fsband.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	20518
    Are your pix posting correctly? I'm confused - and I bet you meant to post something that's easier to read.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think this is the year of the 10 foot tall safety flag. Im cool with the green color on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 4.35.13 PM.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	20520

I'd like to commission a pool noodle with custom Freezing Saddles artwork (black sharpie on foam should work) by LeprosyStudyGroup.