Thread: Bike Buttons Featuring a Nifty DC Design-- Profits Go to WABA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike Buttons Featuring a Nifty DC Design-- Profits Go to WABA

Just in time for your holiday *cheap* shopping there are buttons featuring a design incorporating *cheap* bikes/sharrows/DC. https://www.manfredmacx.com/item/bri...rrows-buttons/

Tales From the Sharrows is a highly entertaining *not cheap* blog that describes bike commuting in and around DC. It's very funny, witty, and *not cheap*.

But the buttons are. In fact all profits will go to WABA! So you have an additional excuse to buy a gross.

It gets better. Not only can you purchase a *cheap* button and immediately become one of the most "urbane and sophisticated purveyors of bike commuting merchandise in the entire universe," you can also have your ride immortalized in Tales From the Sharrows for a small ($50) additional charge.

It gets even better. Who wouldn't want a man to bring them a sandwich? For me that is a life-long dream. So for $100 you can purchase a *cheap* button + a personalized blog entry all about YOU + and a sandwich. Truly, it doesn't get any better than that.

As for me, when that man delivers my sandwich, Santa will have arrived.

Happy Holiday Trails,
    ann

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

To make this even better, I run manfredmacx.com, the site where you can buy the buttons and assorted blog posts. The site isn't exactly focused on selling buttons (crowdfunding novels, actually), but I read Tales from the Sharrows, and when I saw that Brian needed help collecting the money, I volunteered.

So, if you have any problems/questions/concerns/comments about the site, you have a direct line to someone who can help.

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Best on-backpack button we saw at Interbike said: "One Less Prius"

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the $20 button delivery in a tuxedo is a bargain!

PotomacCyclist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I read some of his blog posts about Courthouse Rd., 10th St. and the future VDOT construction project in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a 'profit center' opportunity at the WABA party tonight. I'll buy. Anyone else going to Big Bear Cafe tonight? I'm hoping the CABI dock nearby isn't totally blocked at 6 pm.

Post Thanks / Like

And yet another reason to buy a highly sought after *cheap* bike button featuring sharrows/bikes/DC---

They are a LIMITED EDITION.

Just like the Franklin Mint, whose products become treasured family heirlooms, the creator of these buttons has decided to break the mold as of December 31st, 2011. After that they will no longer be available for sale to the public.

So that means just like Beanie Babies, Pokemon Cards, and die cast model cars, these buttons are about to become highly collectable and their value is sure to appreciate over time. I'm sure by mid June a button that formerly sold for the low, low price of $5.00 will be worth at least $5.07 -- and the possibilities for appreciation are endless.

Not only are the buttons attractive, easy to wrap, and inexpensive gifts for your bike loving friends, profits go to WABA.

https://www.manfredmacx.com/item/bri...rrows-buttons/

Bike Buttons - a wise addition to your investment portfolio. Act today, don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Happy Holiday Trails,
    ann
    Last edited by acc; 12-15-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: clearing out my Beanie Baby collection to make room for bike buttons.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian has set a goal of $1000 by the end of 2011 - that's only two days and change for him to raise $225 more. If you've been procrastinating on buying something or telling your legions of DC area bike friends about the buttons, procrastinate no longer!