Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wharf to Douglass Bridge & the Riverfront Mess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Since I got back, this has been annoying me greatly... the first time I encountered it I almost ran over the 2" high sharp metal bars on the ground holding it up. I highly doubt this is ADA compliant. I don't think there's enough room between the fence and the bars on the ground for a wheelchair to get through.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  95.1 KB

If all of this is going to be demolished eventually, couldn't they just drill holes and plant the sign that way?
    I may not get a chance to bike in this week, so if any of you swing by and see there's a change with the location of the sign above (Corner of Potomac Ave and S Capitol St/Douglass Bridge) let me know. Charles Allen's team have made a DDOT request on my behalf and want to be kept in the loop as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    I may not get a chance to bike in this week, so if any of you swing by and see there's a change with the location of the sign above (Corner of Potomac Ave and S Capitol St/Douglass Bridge) let me know. Charles Allen's team have made a DDOT request on my behalf and want to be kept in the loop as well.
    It was still in the same spot this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As of Friday, it seems like the sign has been pushed a few inches toward the road. Was that an annoyed cyclist or pedestrian? Probably. Is it compliant? My guess is no. So we're still waiting on action from DDOT.