Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Wharf to Douglass Bridge & the Riverfront Mess

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Since I got back, this has been annoying me greatly... the first time I encountered it I almost ran over the 2" high sharp metal bars on the ground holding it up. I highly doubt this is ADA compliant. I don't think there's enough room between the fence and the bars on the ground for a wheelchair to get through.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	20505

    If all of this is going to be demolished eventually, couldn't they just drill holes and plant the sign that way?
    I may not get a chance to bike in this week, so if any of you swing by and see there's a change with the location of the sign above (Corner of Potomac Ave and S Capitol St/Douglass Bridge) let me know. Charles Allen's team have made a DDOT request on my behalf and want to be kept in the loop as well.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    I may not get a chance to bike in this week, so if any of you swing by and see there's a change with the location of the sign above (Corner of Potomac Ave and S Capitol St/Douglass Bridge) let me know. Charles Allen's team have made a DDOT request on my behalf and want to be kept in the loop as well.
    It was still in the same spot this morning.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As of Friday, it seems like the sign has been pushed a few inches toward the road. Was that an annoyed cyclist or pedestrian? Probably. Is it compliant? My guess is no. So we're still waiting on action from DDOT.

  4. Likes Amelia liked this post
  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Courthouse in Arlington
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I commute this way and am always worried I will get a flat here. Due to both this sign and all the loose gravel/glass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Likes creadinger liked this post
  7. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    I commute this way and am always worried I will get a flat here. Due to both this sign and all the loose gravel/glass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too! There's always so much shattered glass and debris in this area and all throughout SE DC. I don't get it. On top of that this goddamn construction sign has been pissing me off too. Below is what it looked like after a windy day recently... I've also stopped a couple of times to push it father into the street because DDOT keeps leaving it where it fully blocks the sidewalk. Morons....

    I cannot wait until the new bridge is completed.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0226.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	21174

  8. #16
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Me too! There's always so much shattered glass and debris in this area and all throughout SE DC. I don't get it. On top of that this goddamn construction sign has been pissing me off too. Below is what it looked like after a windy day recently... I've also stopped a couple of times to push it father into the street because DDOT keeps leaving it where it fully blocks the sidewalk. Morons....

    I cannot wait until the new bridge is completed.
    I've heard rumors of people taking annoying obstacles and heaving them into rivers.

  9. Dislikes huskerdont disliked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •