Likes Likes:  49
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: Freezing Saddles Technology - 2020 Thread

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
    Thank you tech guys for all you do for BAFS.
    I biked 13 miles today in 2 Strava rides. Per the BAFS General Info Sticky I should get 68 points but the Individual Leaderboard (Text) has me at 78 points. I might have been awarded 10 pts for my first ride plus another 10 for my 2nd ride? Not sure how far this extends on the leaderboard.
    I think that's right. You get the 10 bonus points for having ridden at least one mile plus the 55 points for 10 miles (10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1) plus 3 points for the one point per mile over 10 for the day.

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LhasaCM; 01-02-2020 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Fixed mistake

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    2,124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    I think that's right. You get the 10 bonus points for having ridden at least one mile plus the 55 points for 10 miles (10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1) plus 3 points for each mile over 10 for the day.

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    It should only be one point, not three, for each mile over 10 for the day.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    It should only be one point, not three, for each mile over 10 for the day.
    Yep. Reordered my thought and didn't go back and proofread. Website is correct; post was not

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

  4. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
  5. #24
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One of my favorite things to do is look at the photos on the home page. Fun!

    In the past I believe the photos included reference to who posted them. This year there is no attribution. Any way we can add that?

    Also, is the web site picking up photos from Instagram? If so, what is the appropriate hashtag?

    Thanks!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photos.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	20592

  6. Likes Hancockbs, CBGanimal liked this post
  7. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    In the past I believe the photos included reference to who posted them. This year there is no attribution. Any way we can add that?
    The attribution is included if the photo is clicked on. As best I remember, that's the way it was in previous years, too.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kate_o.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	20597

  8. Likes Steve O liked this post
  9. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I did two rides yesterday for a total of 53 miles, and was awarded 118 points. Still trying to figure out where the "extra" ten points came from. 65 + 43 = 108...

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arlcxrider View Post
    I did two rides yesterday for a total of 53 miles, and was awarded 118 points. Still trying to figure out where the "extra" ten points came from. 65 + 43 = 108...
    There's a 10 point bonus per ride day.

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    There's a 10 point bonus per ride day.

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    I already figured that in, with the "base" total of 65 for the first ten miles, per the FAQ (see below). It seems like the scoring system is awarding one additional point for each mile, not one additional point for each mile over ten as described above.

    Cheat Sheet for the Mathematically Challenged
    Miles = Points
    1 = 20
    2 = 29
    3 = 37
    4 = 44
    5 = 50
    6 = 55
    7 = 59
    8 = 62
    9 = 64
    10 = 65
    11 = 66...
    Take my current score of 196, covering two days of riding, total of 66 miles. 65 + 65 + 66 = 196.

    Does any of this really matter? Maybe I should just go for a ride and forget about the forensic accounting.
    Last edited by arlcxrider; 01-02-2020 at 07:21 PM.

  12. Likes jrenaut, LhasaCM, Hancockbs liked this post
  13. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arlcxrider View Post
    Does any of this really matter? Maybe I should just go for a ride and forget about the forensic accounting.
    The scoring system will get straightened out before it matters. Go ride.

  14. Likes LhasaCM, Steve O liked this post
  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arlcxrider View Post
    I already figured that in, with the "base" total of 65 for the first ten miles, per the FAQ (see below). It seems like the scoring system is awarding one additional point for each mile, not one additional point for each mile over ten as described above.

    Take my current score of 196, covering two days of riding, total of 66 miles. 65 + 65 + 66 = 196.

    Does any of this really matter? Maybe I should just go for a ride and forget about the forensic accounting.
    Yes - a bonus 10 points for you. All subject to change, and no, it doesn't really matter.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •