Thread: Freezing Saddles Technology - 2020 Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D98FB83-5B0F-4FEF-B48C-009848A62C82.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	20648
    Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    We may be on the verge of discovering a form of Bistromathematics here. Be careful so as not to end up on the far side of the galaxy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sszibler View Post
    I’d like to learn more, but I’m nowhere near programmer, i.e., I have no idea what you’re talking about with languages, etc. BUT it would be nice to know how to get myself out of the holes I dig myself into! I’m in DC so . . .

I do most of my Freezing Saddles on an iPhone 6s and I like Calvin Ball which means sometimes looking at the site on the fly and uploading pics, at least at home.

Well, the text is annoyingly tiny on the phone, perhaps something I could even fix on the phone itself, but tonight I started messing with “enhanced” settings for mobile which looked much nicer but dug me into some kind of hole where I can’t even “like” posts which is important for Calvin Ball. I thought I reset my settings to “basic”, but advanced views keep showing up anyway. I’m a simple (minded lol!) guy and I’d like fewer things that can go wrong. There is also a standard option. And somewhere else there’s a WYSIWUG option. The only computers we had as teens were Commodores. I did not do that although I think I had an old one later. In other words I can’t even negotiate the choices that are already programmed without getting into trouble. Hoping I can eventual get back to settings that work and don’t ask me to purchase a special programming deal.
    This thread is intended for the actual Freezing Saddles web app, including the front-end, Strava sync stuff, and other components. I have a hunch you're talking about using the BikeArlington vBulletin forum software. However, I'm not sure if you're the settings you're messing with are phone-wide settings on your iPhone, settings in your browser perhaps, settings in tapatalk if you're using that, or possibly for your forum account. If you're trying to get help (and even though this isn't the right place), more details would be helpful.

Personally, I just use Chrome on my phone and end up zooming in a lot to read because the forum's mobile UI is pretty bad (but it has all the features exposed that it would on a desktop).

3. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    The issue with 10-mile+ rides getting an extra 10 points is now resolved, see the before and after queries below for arlcxrider:

mysql> select a.id, f.forum_name, a.display_name, ds.* from daily_scores ds join athletes a on (a.id = ds.athlete_id) join forum_users f on (f.id = ds.athlete_id) where f.forum_name='arlcxrider';
    +----------+------------+--------------+---------+------------+--------------------+--------------------+------------+
    | id | forum_name | display_name | team_id | athlete_id | distance | points | ride_date |
    +----------+------------+--------------+---------+------------+--------------------+--------------------+------------+
    | 43537271 | arlcxrider | Paul W | 567288 | 43537271 | 52.50500011444092 | 117.50500011444092 | 2020-01-01 |
    Thanks for the update. And it appears Strava reports distance data at an absurd level of precision.

5. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arlcxrider View Post
    And it appears Strava reports distance data at an absurd level of precision.
    It really is absurd given how imprecise GPS tracking is, even with dedicated devices.

7. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arlcxrider View Post
    And it appears Strava reports distance data at an absurd level of precision.
    Yes, more precise than the diameter of a hydrogen atom.

9. Likes bentbike33, Dachs6 liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    One of my favorite things to do is look at the photos on the home page. Fun!

Name:	photos.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	20592
    I do not see the photos from my rides yesterday in the collection. Why is that?

https://www.strava.com/activities/2986093004
    https://www.strava.com/activities/2986093002

Also, the photo feed only shows 1 picture from each ride. That may not be a bad thing, given the number of photos taken, but some of the best photos (especially for the caption contest) may be hiding deeper in the background.

Post Thanks / Like

There's something odd about the weekly chart. The blue spikes are team 12.

Name:	blue spikes.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	20887

12. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question... In the past, Slackers (sorry, FRIENDS of BAFS) were eligible for pointless prizes, but we seem to have been dropped from the pointless leaderboards. (For example, Dirty Biker)

Thoughts?

14. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Question... In the past, Slackers (sorry, FRIENDS of BAFS) were eligible for pointless prizes, but we seem to have been dropped from the pointless leaderboards. (For example, Dirty Biker)

Thoughts?
    Maybe Friends of BAFS need to from a team and have that included like the other ones, except maybe in the points leaderboards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post

Thoughts?
    I am in favor of Friends playing the reindeer games. Some games are here on the forum, like Calvinball and beerneuring and photos and captions and socks, etc., so presumably those can be played without issue. It's the hashtag rides that need to be updated.