Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: L'Enfant VRE - American University

Post Thanks / Like

Default L'Enfant VRE - American University

Work has me moving to an office near American University. I'm already on the VRE and if realistically possible, I'd rather bike from the L'Enfant VRE station than take the metro to Tennleytown. According to Google its 6.7-6.9 miles depending on which route I take, but I'm sure there are better options than Google suggestions.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also looking at Terns if I go the folder route to avoid issues with the VRE.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

You could also use the Crystal City VRE station, then take Crystal Dr to Long Bridge Dr to Boundary Channel to the 27 Trail to the Mt Vernon Trail. Take the Key Bridge into DC and either cut through Gtown's campus, or take surface streets to American. Not knowing exactly where you're going, it looks to roughly the same distance, but possibly faster because less city stop-and-go.

I've never noticed before, but it looks like there's a dirt path in a park labeled "Whitehurst Parkway" that would cut some distance if you went through Georgetown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    You could also use the Crystal City VRE station, then take Crystal Dr to Long Bridge Dr to Boundary Channel to the 27 Trail to the Mt Vernon Trail. Take the Key Bridge into DC and either cut through Gtown's campus, or take surface streets to American. Not knowing exactly where you're going, it looks to roughly the same distance, but possibly faster because less city stop-and-go.

I've never noticed before, but it looks like there's a dirt path in a park labeled "Whitehurst Parkway" that would cut some distance if you went through Georgetown.
    Construction of the MedStar Georgetown University Hospital new med/surg pavilion and work around the Lombardi Center has pretty much cut off any legal cut through of the campus. It has made a major mess of Reservoir Road as well.