Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Replacement Bike [Step-thru, IGH, Dyno]

Post Thanks / Like

Question Replacement Bike [Step-thru, IGH, Dyno]

Assuming the wife's bike doesn't come back, we're gonna need a replacement. Breezer availability is spotty right now and Papillon is concerned about their continued viability as a company, so I'm entertaining other replacement options. Does anyone know of another reputable bike out there with the following features?

1) Step-through frame.
    2) Internal hub (approx 8-ish speeds)
    3) Dyno-hub with built-in head and tail lights.

Bonus points for either belt drive or fully-enclosed chain
    Bonus points for disc brakes

2. Likes Judd, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just sold a bike of that description a few months ago. I would be that Bikes@Vienna might have something.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, sorry about your wife's bike being stolen. Here are suggestions for European city bikes with some of the features you want and enclosed chain case:

Pashley Princess (Bicycle Space are a Pashley dealer)

Gazelle Tour Populair (Daily Rider are a Gazelle dealer)

Velo-ce Draisina Classic (J.C. Lind in Chicago)

Alternatively maybe something more modern like a Priority Turi (from NYC) with Gates belt drive, an Enviolo/Nuvinci hub, and hydraulic disk brakes, and have Peter White Cycles in New Hampshire build you a wheel around a dynohub and supply a complete lighting system.
    Last edited by Dewey; 10-08-2019 at 05:13 PM.

5. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post

Alternatively maybe something more modern like a Priority Turi (from NYC) with Gates belt drive, an Enviolo/Nuvinci hub, and hydraulic disk brakes, and have Peter White Cycles in New Hampshire build you a wheel around a dynohub and supply a complete lighting system.
    The Daily Rider (and I'm sure other local bike shops) also could build/install a dynohub wheel/lighting system. They quoted a rough ballpark of $450 to rebuild a wheel with a dynamo hub (less than that with a less expensive hub). https://twitter.com/TheDailyRiderDC/...20644535373830

For the original question: is there a particular price point you're trying to live within?

7. Likes Dewey, Judd, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Chris, sorry about your wife's bike being stolen. Here are suggestions for European city bikes with some of the features you want and enclosed chain case:
    Dewey, this was fantastically helpful. Thank so much.

The Pashley Princess and Gazelle Tour Populair both look like great potential options. Once I have a better idea of how to move forward with our insurance company, I'll talk to Bicycle Space and the Daily Rider.

9. Likes Starduster, dasgeh liked this post