Hi everyone, but especially Maryland riders...
My sister lives in a rural pocket of western Howard County, near Woodbine and Lisbon. She and her daughter (almost 14, brand new to biking this summer) have been coming down to my place recently for a few Sunday rides on the trail network around me in Arlington. We tend to ride around 20 miles, pretty leisurely with a few stops here and there (farmers markets, coffee, etc.) mostly on the Arlington Loop or Alexandria portions of MVT.

Are there any nice trails near them? (Map attached.) Though granted, they'd likely have to drive to any starting points; sis has a bike rack for their two bikes.
(Note that biking on the active roads around them is not an option they're ready or eager to explore; any in-road biking should be limited, for now, to quiet residential/side streets.)

I was looking in the Rails-to-Trails atlas, and there just doesn't seem to be much that would be very convenient to them; ie, not much network / moderate-length comfortable trails closer to them, vs driving to Arlington...
But, they would be amenable to driving further, sometimes, to try out a nice trail that makes the drive worth it...

Name:  HL.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  94.4 KB