Likes Likes:  411
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: BAFS 2020 teams and rules discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterw_diy View Post
    Sticky talks about more heavily weighting the early miles of "each ride", not first miles each day. If I have two five mile rides on one day, is that 2x50 = 100 points, or just 10 mi / 65 points?
    FWIW, the registration form is clearer. It says:

Ten points are given for every day someone rides at least a mile, and additional points as follows: 10 points for mile 1, 9 points for mile 2, 8 points for mile 3, etc. Miles 10 and over each day earn one point each.

2. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie question: Somewhere I read that Freezing Saddles is for folks in the Washington DC metro area, but on Strava there are folks in the Strava club that aren't even in this hemisphere. Is this a wide-open Strava club? Doesn't including folks that live in summery climes during the competition defeat the purpose? Just a question...
    GA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoVaNoobGA View Post
    Newbie question: Somewhere I read that Freezing Saddles is for folks in the Washington DC metro area, but on Strava there are folks in the Strava club that aren't even in this hemisphere. Is this a wide-open Strava club? Doesn't including folks that live in summery climes during the competition defeat the purpose? Just a question...
    GA
    The main Strava club is open to all but that's only one part of the registration process. There tend to be a lot of people from outside the area each year who join the Strava club because they sign up for lots of clubs regardless of location, but do not actually sign up for or participate in FS. In my view, the fun is meant for people in the DC metro area (plus some former participants who have moved away but still join in the fun from afar).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    The main Strava club is open to all but that's only one part of the registration process. There tend to be a lot of people from outside the area each year who join the Strava club because they sign up for lots of clubs regardless of location, but do not actually sign up for or participate in FS. In my view, the fun is meant for people in the DC metro area (plus some former participants who have moved away but still join in the fun from afar).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    There are also a few BikeArlington peeps/BAFS alumni who moved away but continue to participate in BAFS and on the forum.

7. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
  8. Today, 11:09 AM

I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Reason
    duplicate