Likes Likes:  253
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: BAFS 2020 teams and rules discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by musclys View Post
    My point is both home location and work location matter. But, more importantly, asking "Would you rather be on a team with folks who live near you or work near you?" allows riders to ID whether they are more likely to be able to join a team gathering near work or near home. It also would allow for much more granular filtering of players into teams than superregional categories.
    I think this is a good idea and assuming we try doing it this year, just remember that we're not guaranteeing that everyone who wants to be on a "local" team will be able to be on one. A lot will depend on how many people are "clumped" in the right areas and how many teams we end up having. And where all the different volunteering team captains reside. But we'll do our best!

2. Likes CBGanimal, drevil, musclys, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    I think this is a good idea and assuming we try doing it this year, just remember that we're not guaranteeing that everyone who wants to be on a "local" team will be able to be on one. A lot will depend on how many people are "clumped" in the right areas and how many teams we end up having. And where all the different volunteering team captains reside. But we'll do our best!
    Not sure how you would implement this, but beware of ZIP codes for federal offices since many of them map to the big postal sorting facility in Northeast DC rather than the actual location of the federal office building.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about the effort that goes into the programming, setup and continued maintenance during the Freezing Saddles window, I wanted to give a huge THANK YOU and SHOUT OUT to the volunteers who make this happen. This will be my 3rd year and I eagerly await the registration opening. I have low conviction on the rules and points calculation, as a 98% car-free diet person I love anything cycling related, and I love that feeling of being part of this cycling community "thing", reading along and finding rides, happy hours, etc. to go to. I like the idea of local teams as it seems like it would be easier to meet for activities but again, I am just happy this is happening again! Coming off knee surgery, I am rehabbing at Physical Therapy like a mad woman getting ready to ride Jan 1. Thank you ALL again, I talk about Freezing Saddles A LOT this time of year, and pretty darn often all year long. Elizabeth I Like Wheels, Arlington Va