Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: BAFS2020 Pointless Prize - Coffee Rides

Post Thanks / Like

Default BAFS2020 Pointless Prize - Coffee Rides

Will do this again this year. Here are the rules:

1. The object is to visit as many DIFFERENT LOCAL, i.e., DMV, coffee places as possible (on your bike, of course!). But once you visit one place, that's it. A second visit doesn't count.

2. Starbucks is verboten. But other chains, e.g., Peet's, Cosi, etc., are fair game. However once you visit one chain outlet, that's it. A visit to the same outlet but at a different location doesn't count. This also means local chains or places that have more than one location, e.g., Northside Social. I know the Starbucks ban is arbitrary, but my prize so my rules.

3. "Swamp" coffee, e.g., 7-Eleven, Wawa, etc., is OK but subject to the same conditions as in #2 above.

4. Bakeries, restaurants, and even fast food joints that serve coffee are also OK but subject to the same conditions as in #2 above.

5. For your ride to count, use #FS2020coffeeride in your Strava ride title and include the name of the place you visited, e.g., #FS2020coffeeride La Colombe.

NOTE: Posting of coffee rides is totally honor system, i.e., I'm assuming you're following the rules. Not required, but encouraged, is to also post pics on your Strava. And if you want to post your Strava ride link and pics on this thread for all to see, that would be fun too (but not required).
    ANOTHER NOTE: Because of the way the tracking of rides works, if you visit two different places on a single ride it will only count as a single coffee ride. If you want the second visit to count, you need to make it a separate ride. So that means ending your ride at the first coffee shop. And then starting a new ride from there to the second coffee shop so that they're recorded on Strava (and appropriately tagged) as two separate rides.

6. The winner will be whoever has done the most coffee rides.

7. The tiebreaker will be whoever has the most coffee shops per coffee ride miles ridden.

8. If needed, the second tie breaker will be whoever has visited the most "swamp coffee" places.

9. FINALLY, these riders are welcome to play but aren't eligible to win because they've previously won this competition and I want to give someone else a chance to win: consularrider, bikedavid, Robin B, and Josh A.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Get your caffeine game on!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fun! How many coffee rides won this competition last year???

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kegibbs View Post
    I can't tell you about 2019, but I was the top coffee rider in 2018. I think I had about 74 days ridden with coffee.

4. Likes Judd, Kegibbs liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the thread: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...ointless-Prize

6. Likes Kegibbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BAFS2020 Pointless Prize - Coffee Rides

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I can't tell you about 2019, but I was the top coffee rider in 2018. I think I had about 74 days ridden with coffee.
    Congratulations consularider! I see in the link to 2018 that u did most of those in Germany. I’m headed to Düsseldorf on Tuesday for a week . Maybe I can practice...any recommendations? PM me if you think this has limited interest to the group. But I can’t see why — everyone wants to know Coffee destinations around the world! ☕️☕️☕️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kegibbs; Yesterday at 09:37 AM.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I mean... seems like this was WhatsHisName's point about allowing retired foreigners hijack the game. Seems like an unfair advantage to be able to cycle to every swiss chalet and beer hall. Next think you know - with its massive density of coffee shops - we'll be allowing New Yorkers to just bike down the block and get coffee!!

9. Likes josh, Kegibbs, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    I mean... seems like this was WhatsHisName's point about allowing retired foreigners hijack the game. Seems like an unfair advantage to be able to cycle to every swiss chalet and beer hall. Next think you know - with its massive density of coffee shops - we'll be allowing New Yorkers to just bike down the block and get coffee!!

Well, Brooklyn is at least six miles away.

Come join us tomorrow for the NoVa Chris Trifecta at Kos Kaffe in Park Slope. We'll be riding some Prospect Park laps first. Of course that would imply a social coffee meetup.
    Last edited by consularrider; Today at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations consularider! I see in the link to 2018 that u did most of those in Germany. I’m headed to Düsseldorf on Tuesday for a week . Maybe I can practice...any recommendations? PM me if you think this has limited interest to the group. But I can’t see why — everyone wants to know Coffee destinations around the world! ☕️☕️☕️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In my three years in Frankfurt I didn't make it that far up the Rhine. Most of my stops were at neighborhood bakeries and I would have a Kaffe Crème and try to find a qualifying pastry for either the doughnut or pastry pointless prizes. Enjoy the trip!

12. Likes Kegibbs liked this post