Likes Likes:  232
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: BAFS 2020 teams and rules discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I think this is fairly common among "veteran" players. Freezing Saddles has little additional affect on how much many of us ride, because earlier years playing the game got us in the winter groove.
    Keeping that in mind, it makes sense to think more about the newbies than the vets in regards to devising scoring schemes.
    Hmm this isn't true for me. I've done FS for 3 years, and still..... Every single November right about now when it first gets cold I freak out abs probably have 1-2 really low biking weeks. My husband has confirmed that every (probably mid) November I say "Omg, I bike in THIS?" I've been doing that since before I discovered FS. I just hafta get through that I guess. This year I baked a lot that week....

I did bike through the winter before FS, though it was a royal pain finding company, which is often a deal breaker for me..... Also before FS I rode in winter only on the nice days. That was about 3 days/ 70 miles week. (When I lived in MA - college until 03 - it was more like once a week in winter, & closer to 10 miles.)

Last year (fs2019) my miles were DOWN because of the 100 mile /week team points contribution cap. Turns out that the team points contribution is my main motivator - and if riding >100 miles / week won't help my team, I usually won't bother. (Exceptions are when it's a beautiful day and /or I hafta get somewhere, and /or there's a nice group ride planned.)

Anyhow my point is, I think FS continues to be important for some of us "veterans" every year. Maybe some of us are slower to get the message. I think in my case the community is essential.

It's certainly gonna be more of a total revelation to the newbies, but I bet FS continues to be an important motivator for a lot of seasoned players as well.

Oh and I support either no mileage cap or 150+.

Nadine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

So youíre asking if we should skip 23 hours and 49 minutes of winter or allow 11 minutes of spring? What kind of wimpy question is that?

3. Likes jrenaut, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BAFS 2020 teams and rules discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    So youíre asking if we should skip 23 hours and 49 minutes of winter or allow 11 minutes of spring? What kind of wimpy question is that?
    I vote for more FS days, so either let a li'l spring in our let's start NOW!

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Every year we skip some winter. Last year we wimpily skipped about 18 hours.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Every year we skip some winter. Last year we wimpily skipped about 18 hours.
    And I was against it. Itís bad enough we donít start on the first day of winter.