Likes Likes:  178
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BAFS 2020 teams and rules discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Oh also I love multi team group rides. So many people I wanna ride with! Even if teams were made with an eye for putting friends together (the opposite of how it's done, and rightly so) I'm sure I wanna ride with at least 3-5 teams worth of people....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Shepard, Emm, jen_stoly, LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matteblack View Post
    As for the whole commuting thing, I guess that rules me out since I work from home full-time. That being said, I pretty much ride every day (well, 5-6 x week on average) so take that for what it's worth (or not).

That all being said, I'm competitive by nature and found that this kept me motivated to ride outside.
    Heartily agree. Understanding the issue with DC commuters living close to work and not riding as far as MD and VA commuters, I still pull for local groups to enhance the social aspect, but will ride either way.

4. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    I say this as someone whose behavior has already been modified by Freezing Saddles 2017 so the scoring system going forward will have zero impact on how much I actually ride.
    I think this is fairly common among "veteran" players. Freezing Saddles has little additional affect on how much many of us ride, because earlier years playing the game got us in the winter groove.
    Keeping that in mind, it makes sense to think more about the newbies than the vets in regards to devising scoring schemes.

6. Likes ChristoB50, jrenaut, jen_stoly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I think this is fairly common among "veteran" players. Freezing Saddles has little additional affect on how much many of us ride, because earlier years playing the game got us in the winter groove.
    Keeping that in mind, it makes sense to think more about the newbies than the vets in regards to devising scoring schemes.
    Agreed. Hence the implied (now explicit) conclusion in what preceded that excerpt that the 2017 scoring system, which included 10 points per day, was motivational for then newbie-me to ride even on days where maybe I didn't quite feel like it. Clearly, I was already interested in the notion of riding more often (that's why I signed up), but knowing that my ability to "make it up" was rather limited given that pesky little thing called "life" and "responsibilities", the daily bonus was key in pushing me over the edge, getting me out there every day regardless, allowing me to see it wasn't actually that bad, and now I am where I am.

All of which is a long-winded way of saying that, as noted previously, I think keeping an additional "congrats you went outside today" bonus is important.