Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Alexandria Mobility Plan Innovation Forum - October 7th

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alexandria Mobility Plan Innovation Forum - October 7th

Alexandria Mobility Plan Innovation Forum

The Alexandria Mobility Plan is hosting an Innovation Forum!

Date: Monday, October 7

Time: 6:30 - 9 p.m.

Location: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (600 Dulaney St.), Madison Clara Barton Auditorium

As Alexandria updates its Transportation Master Plan, the world of transportation and technology is rapidly changing. From smart signals to autonomous vehicles, City staff will draw on the knowledge of peer cities and transportation experts as we think about and plan for new, and potentially disruptive, technologies.

The Innovation Forum, which begins with an open house from 6:30 to 7 p.m., will include a presentation and panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities that Alexandria should consider as it develops a mobility plan to prepare for the future and make Alexandria a better place to live, work, and visit. For additional event information, including a full list of panelists, visit alexandriava.gov/mobilityplan.

Speakers include:

- Ryan Sullivan, Greater DC Area General Manager of Via, Transportation Company and Alexandria’s newest rideshare service

- Linda Bailey, DC’s Vision Zero Director and former Executive Director of the National Association of City Transportation Officials

- Jordan Davis, Director of Smart Columbus for the Columbus Partnership, leading strategy and public-private partnerships for the Central Ohio region’s $550 million smart cities initiative

- Emiko Atherton, Director of the National Complete Streets Coalition from Smart Growth America. Smart Growth America works with urban planners and developers to think strategically about building better towns and cities

- Adam Cohen and Susan Shaheen (moderators) are transportation futurists, thought leaders, and mobility researchers at the Transportation Sustainability Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley

2. Likes buschwacker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"thought leaders"
    🙄

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterw_diy View Post
    "thought leaders"
    They might also be “influencers.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterw_diy View Post
    "thought leaders"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_v6oceppSg

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great panel. Call the moderators what you will, in a City where too many are stuck in old ways of thinking (dare I say paradigms - when I was growing up a paradigms paid your fare on the subway) we could use some different approaches.

7. Likes Judd, KWL, buschwacker liked this post