Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KNOG Bell

Post Thanks / Like

Default KNOG Bell

Riding the trails around DC, I find the use of a bell when passing often works better than "on your left". It seems to cut through the ear buds more effectively. I found this on last night at REI and used it this morning to great effect. It is very small and unobtrusive and seems to be very well made. It also comes in a black version. If you're in the market, consider it.

https://www.amazon.com/KNOG-Aluminium-Large-31-8mm-Silver/dp/B01KLKOLDA/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=CjwKCAjw8NfrBRA7EiwAfiVJpWKK4hJoE YOcWk-d-eIugld7FEaTNEVY0ru3J1o8tZbZn6cnotD-0BoC_dwQAvD_BwE&hvadid=178144449496&hvdev=c&hvlocp hy=9061286&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10557 108201119959988&hvtargid=aud-649564993678%3Akwd-178242136641&hydadcr=2395_9913971&keywords=knog+bi ke+bell&qid=1568040282&s=gateway&sr=8-2

2. Likes baiskeli liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Great bell for dropbar bikes, but just be aware that the dinger spring on the basic Oi gets sprung easily. The Oi Luxe looks much better. The Denfeld Cycling Superstore in Bad Homburg had the Oi in four colors and two sizes.
    Last edited by consularrider; 09-09-2019 at 01:02 PM.

4. Likes Sunyata, huskerdont, Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Garbage, I'm afraid. The striker on mine basically exploded after approximately five commutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Both of mine (basic version) have worked great for about a year now. Blends nicely into the handlebar and is thin enough to fit alongside the light mount on narrow track bars.

7. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine works ok...but the sound is soft and delicate that I'm not sure anyone can hear it. It does sound lovely though.

9. Likes Steve O, Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Mine works ok...but the sound is soft and delicate that I'm not sure anyone can hear it. It does sound lovely though.
    I took mine off because it was too soft sounding. I like tone of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mine got all sprungish immediately, but both still work. It's a soft sound, but then I'm a soft-spoken, gentle sort of guy.

12. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spurcycle ftw

14. Likes Judd, Sunyata, josh, ChristoB50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    I have this one too. Got it from the original Kickstarter. While I like it, it takes much more room to mount and is much more expensive. I guess if the Knog doesn't last, I might go back to the Spurcycle, but so far, I'm happy with the Knog.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hancockbs View Post
    I have this one too. Got it from the original Kickstarter. While I like it, it takes much more room to mount and is much more expensive. I guess if the Knog doesn't last, I might go back to the Spurcycle, but so far, I'm happy with the Knog.
    Try the Knog Oi Luxe, about the same price as the Spurcycle and the same type of striker. I have a Knog Oi basic, a Spurcycle, and Crane E-Ne bells on different bikes. I'm going to look for the Knog Luxe and then decide which I like best.

17. Likes Hancockbs liked this post