Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Radar for bicycles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Radar for bicycles

This is new to me, and I haven't seen it discussed on the forums before, but apparently one can buy rear lights with integrated radar to warn of approaching cars, including special warnings for cars approaching very quickly. Mirrors just aren't aero, I guess.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/08/...nectivity.html

Name:  Garmin-RTL510-Radar_thumb.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  43.5 KB

2. Likes Judd, Jessica Hirschhorn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They actually work quite nicely and now that Wahoo has added radar support for the Garmin Varia, you will probably see a lot more of them. I have a few friends that have them and refused to switch to Wahoo (even though Garmin's computers are very lacking in user-friendly-ness) because of the lack of radar support.

4. Likes secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DC Rainmaker states in the article that it's the only device he's tested that DOESN'T get negative comments from anyone that's actually used it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned a Garmin radar for a couple of years. It is a GREAT safety addition. When a car is approaching from behind, your Garmin beeps, and a circle appears in the Right lower corner. As the car approaches, the dot moves from bottom to top.
    At the same time, your radar LIGHTS change, from 4 slow blinking to 6 fast blinking, to warn the car. It is especially helpful in the country, where cars are less frequent but just as deadly. In the city, LESS helpful as the thing goes off every 1.2 seconds. I own the first generation. The above photo is the second gen, which is supposed to be brighter.

7. Likes secstate, kwarkentien, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both versions. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Nadine liked this post