Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Murals ride in Alexandria, 9/1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Murals ride in Alexandria, 9/1

Did you know that there are murals around Alexandria depicting a racehorse, a knitting astronaut, Jim Morrison, an intricate butterfly, a quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more? Come ride with us to see bright, fun murals that celebrate Alexandria's history and culture.

We'll meet for coffee at Misha's, at 917 King St, from 9:00 to 9:30 a.m., then walk to the first mural, the Butterfly Effect. See more information about this temporary installation at www.bit.ly/alxbutterflyeffect.

We'll then hop on our bikes and ride to murals in Old Town, Del Ray, and the West End, finishing up at Port City Brewing. The route is about 15 miles, with a mix of trails and neighborhood streets: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30559337. Riders of all ages and abilities are welcome, and we'll wait to regroup if we get separated.

When: Sunday, September 1, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
    Where: Meet at Misha's, 917 King St.
    Who: This no-drop ride is organized by Alexandria's Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (and yours truly!) and is open to everyone.

Details and registration at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/alexand...on-68803744853. Registration is encouraged, but you are also welcome to join the ride on the day of.

Post Thanks / Like

Registered! See you then. Regards, Jessica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes komorebi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited for this ride I might have accidentally registered for it twice...

5. Likes komorebi liked this post