Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Murals ride in Alexandria, 9/1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Murals ride in Alexandria, 9/1

    Did you know that there are murals around Alexandria depicting a racehorse, a knitting astronaut, Jim Morrison, an intricate butterfly, a quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more? Come ride with us to see bright, fun murals that celebrate Alexandria's history and culture.



    We'll meet for coffee at Misha's, at 917 King St, from 9:00 to 9:30 a.m., then walk to the first mural, the Butterfly Effect. See more information about this temporary installation at www.bit.ly/alxbutterflyeffect.

    We'll then hop on our bikes and ride to murals in Old Town, Del Ray, and the West End, finishing up at Port City Brewing. The route is about 15 miles, with a mix of trails and neighborhood streets: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30559337. Riders of all ages and abilities are welcome, and we'll wait to regroup if we get separated.

    When: Sunday, September 1, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
    Where: Meet at Misha's, 917 King St.
    Who: This no-drop ride is organized by Alexandria's Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (and yours truly!) and is open to everyone.

    Details and registration at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/alexand...on-68803744853. Registration is encouraged, but you are also welcome to join the ride on the day of.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Registered! See you then. Regards, Jessica


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Likes komorebi, Judd liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Shirlington area
    Posts
    1,090
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm so excited for this ride I might have accidentally registered for it twice...

  5. Likes komorebi, Judd liked this post
  6. #4
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I heard 60 people are currently registered for this ride.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I heard 60 people are currently registered for this ride.
    To make things more manageable, we're going to split into three groups. Caseykane50 and Emm have both graciously agreed to lead a group (thanks again -- you're the best!).

    If you're thinking of going and haven't registered yet, please register so that I know whether to line up more ride leaders and marshals. Thanks.

  8. Likes Judd, Steve O liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    S. Arlington
    Posts
    371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sigh - regrettably I have to back out... too much other stuff suddenly piling into this one, pre-vacation weekend... Hope to catch a redo another time!

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    To make things more manageable, we're going to split into three groups. Caseykane50 and Emm have both graciously agreed to lead a group (thanks again -- you're the best!).

    If you're thinking of going and haven't registered yet, please register so that I know whether to line up more ride leaders and marshals. Thanks.
    Heads up - DCist included the ride in its weekly "5 Ways to Have a Totally Free Weekend" roundup (https://dcist.com/story/19/08/30/5-w...around-d-c-36/). It notes what was in the original post of "registration encouraged but you can show up day of" so numbers may continue to increase...

  11. Likes Judd liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Heads up - DCist included the ride in its weekly "5 Ways to Have a Totally Free Weekend" roundup (https://dcist.com/story/19/08/30/5-w...around-d-c-36/). It notes what was in the original post of "registration encouraged but you can show up day of" so numbers may continue to increase...
    lol best of luck you guys. somebody should warn misha's.

  13. Likes Judd liked this post
  14. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Sigh - regrettably I have to back out... too much other stuff suddenly piling into this one, pre-vacation weekend... Hope to catch a redo another time!
    Thanks for letting me know! Sorry to miss you on the ride. Good luck packing, and have a great trip!

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Heads up - DCist included the ride in its weekly "5 Ways to Have a Totally Free Weekend" roundup (https://dcist.com/story/19/08/30/5-w...around-d-c-36/). It notes what was in the original post of "registration encouraged but you can show up day of" so numbers may continue to increase...
    Yes, and the Post's Going Out Guide picked it up too. Gulp. I just updated the Eventbrite listing to "sold out," so we'll see what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    lol best of luck you guys. somebody should warn misha's.
    Not to worry, I already contacted Misha's and Port City. Only fair to let them know that a horde of thirsty cyclists is headed their way.

  16. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup, Judd liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •