Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falls Church City Trail Closed for construction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Church City Trail Closed for construction

The Falls Church City Trail is the short bit of trail that allows people to bypass the East Falls Church Metro portion of the W&OD. It is often used by commuters to speed up the trip to work. There has been digging equipment there all week. The section of the W&OD is closed during the day, and there's a detour given. By the time we're commuting in the morning and at night you're able to ride the normal W&OD through the area without a detour. You just can't take the FC City trail unless you're up for a Dukes of Hazard type jumping experience. YEEEEHAWWWWWW!!!

Construction site last night.

Drafting off the Bobcat on my way home Tuesday night.

Affected Area

Post Thanks / Like

Great post! Thanks for the heads up...

Post Thanks / Like

I was coming on to post about this...Good job Dirt.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

This is from Van Buren Street at Mile Post 0 of the 4 Mile Run Trail to the W&OD bridge intersection at the soccer field just west of Sycamore Street (or Mile Post 5 on the W&OD). Still out of service as of 7am Friday, May 7. It looks like the culvert work is done, but only gravel fill so far. Tapes up closing the path.

Post Thanks / Like

People were walking and running through this morning. My guess is that there will be fresh pavement on the ride home tonight. Would be cool if they paved that whole section. It could use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rode it this morning. Still not paved, but a pleasant commuting experience none the less.

Post Thanks / Like

Paving done. The trail is perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Scratch the perfect comment. It is paved so that it holds water and puddles. Not a big deal now. Next winter it is gonna be an ice rink. Good time to invest in studded tires if your local shop has left-overs from this winter. I just picked up a nice set of Nokians for the Dummy along with some close-out winter clothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Work continues in this area. The trail is great. They're doing some stuff to fix the grass along the sides of the trail. Probably not an issue for cyclists, except to be aware of people working along the trail if you're riding through during the day. Just thought I'd post up and say thanks to the folks who did a great job with this section. It is a big improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Work is completed now. They beautified the sides of the trail, painted a new line and have replaced the post that keeps cars off of it.

Love,

Pete